| This position will serve as the Operations and Administrative Assistant for Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County and will provide operations and administrative support to the organization to meet the overall needs of the Association. This position will be responsible to adhere to strict timeframes in performing position responsibilities. This position will be responsible for assisting the Operations Coordinator in executing assigned operations functions to include, but not limited to: risk management functions, Association reporting requirements and records management, assisting with the implementation of the Volunteer Involvement Policy (VIP), and assisting in special Association projects (i.e. Annual Meeting) as identified. This position will perform other administrative duties in support of the organization to include, but not limited to: general database maintenance; supporting and assisting in organizing meetings; filing and organizing materials; creating flyers and brochures, etc. This position will also provide administrative support to Finance staff as directed. Administrative responsibilities may change based on Association needs and funding availability. This position will represent Cornell Cooperative Extension to the general public, community leaders and government officials in a professional manner, and will appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers, and the public.|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
All applicants must apply by close of business on May 30, 2017 to be considered for this position. All applicants must complete an application packet, which includes: cover letter, resume and three (3) references.
All External Applicants (including applicants currently employed by Cornell Cooperative Extension in Associations other than the Association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his/her application materials via the "APPLY" button located within this job posting.
All Internal Applicants (current employees working for the Association advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his/her Workday account, which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/.
Please contact Jane Pearson, Association Regional HR Coordinator at 315-788-8450 with questions.
This position is a part-time non-exempt position - 50% FTE, 20 hours per week. The hourly rate is $13.47. This position, based on eligibility, offers a comprehensive benefit package, to include: health and dental insurance, retirement, vacation, sick and personal leave.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Education.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Valid NYS Driver's License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards, if required (DMV and Criminal Background Checks).
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Ability to work and manage projects independently.
- Demonstrated high level of computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Office programs as well as FileMaker and Photoshop.
- Associates Degree in Business or related field.
- Experience or training in basic bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to gain knowledge and technical skills to perform position responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with co-workers, customers, volunteers, and community leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible to meet the needs of the program area and the Association.
- Demonstrated ability to think independently and anticipate needs for program support purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively using oral, written, and visual means.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work within strict timelines.
- Demonstrated high level of organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability and familiarity with databases and database management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
Coordination/Operation - 95%
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with Association reporting requirements and records management as directed.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with implementing the Volunteer Involvement Policy (VIP) consistent with established procedures and protocol.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with grants and contract review and submission of documents to P.W. Wood and other entities per established protocol.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator with special projects in support of the Association as directed.
Association and Program Support Responsibilities
- Provide support to other support staff and educators as assigned by supervisor (i.e. filing, copying, formatting correspondence).
- Update and file documents; maintain filing systems, including program area files and information as appropriate.
- Maintain and organize the Association Print Room.
- Assist with Association purchasing and inventory as directed, and order supplies as needed.
- Maintain Association Bulletin Boards.
- Enter data in various computer programs or into online forms and/or systems as directed.
- Provide support for data entry and reporting as needed to comply with grant requirements.
- Arrange for meetings, presentations, and a variety of other events, including Association events and program events based on the needs of the Association.
- Provide support with all correspondence as needed (letters, meeting materials and agendas, newsletters, etc.).
- Work with program educators to create program flyers, brochures, educational materials, and other special projects as needed.
- Update and print business cards.
- Record minutes of required meetings, and provide meeting materials as needed.
- Take program registrations as required, track participant attendance and payments, etc.
- Generate mailing labels and reports as requested.
- Provide backup to Reception: answer phone calls in a courteous manner; assist office visitors, answer routine questions, and direct callers or visitors to appropriate program staff as needed.
Finance Department Support
- Support Finance staff with clerical assistance as needed (filing, photocopies, etc.).
- Process vouchers, payments, petty cash, and other routine financial transactions as directed (i.e. bank reconciliations, A/R and A/P).
- Enter data into appropriate financial reports and/or systems as directed.
Professional Improvement and Other Duties as Assigned - 5%
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Jefferson County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Title:Association Admin Asst II
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Jane Pearson
Number of Openings:1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.