| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness and in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Health Information Management and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This position will be responsible for:
- Receiving all discharged episodes and loose materials from in-patient, outpatient, and emergency areas. Checking all in-patient discharges with daily discharge list to verify that all episodes have been accounted for.
- Accessing computerized and manual systems to locate charts and contacts providers as needed. Retrieving of paper records and reconciliation with departmental documents to verify receipt of all records. Following up on missing items.
- Organizing all documents into date sequence. Preparing documents for scanning into the electronic documentation system including removing staples, repairing torn pages, affixing barcode stickers and/or flag sheets, and verifying name and MRN, and visit number are on all documents. Printing and matching batch cover sheets accurately to all batch types, in preparation for scanning.
- Examining and maintaining scanning equipment daily and performing and logging maintenance activities as outlined in department procedures. Monitoring all scanning supplies to ensure necessary supplies are available for performance of duties.
- Updating chart locations on computerized medical record tracking system as charts enter or leave department/section. Accessing patient index, clinic scheduling and chart tracking systems to locate and retrieve records and verify patient medical record numbers, as necessary.
- Requesting, receiving and distributing medical records from offsite storage facility.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to read and understand written instructions and less than three months of previous experience. Handeye coordination and the ability to pay close attention to detail; as well as being detailed oriented and extremely accurate with data entry tasks.
- The analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
- The ability to read English words and numbers and write legibly to complete forms, understand and respond to written or verbal instructions. Incumbents must respond appropriately to instructions, questions or requests for information. Work occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors which involves courtesy.
- The ability to work with simple equipment, adapt to changes in work procedures, handle confidential material.
- The ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows. Previous Epic Chart Tracking experience is preferred.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Information Services-Medical Records
Schedule: 7:30a-4p, M-F
Standard Hours Per Week: 40