The Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment Initiative (ICEI) offers students with intellectual/developmental disabilities, ages 18-22 who are receiving special education services through their district, a dual enrollment opportunity. Students enroll in courses that are aligned with their long-term goals while also participating in various activities to increase their social, academic, and employment skills.
The ICEI Program Residence Life Coordinator serves as the main contact between all parties involved with the program's implementation: ICEI students, Residence Life staff, ICEI staff, and partnering high school districts' staff. Working directly with students, Residence Life Peer Mentors, Residence Life staff, and ICEI staff, the Residence Life Coordinator (ICEI Coordinator) oversees the on-going implementation of the ICEI Residence Life program, ensuring ICEI students have a successful transition to living on campus.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director for Residential Learning Communities and Assessment to develop, implement, and coordinate all aspects of ICEI Residence Life program (trainings, monitoring health and safety of ICEI students, monitoring ICEI student involvement in residence life, etc.) - Assist the Director of the Center for PreK-12 Educational Outreach with recruiting, interviewing and hiring Residence Life Peer Mentors working with ICEI Residence Life students. - Assist the Director of the Center for PreK-12 Educational Outreach and Assistant Director for Residential Learning Communities and Assessment with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring the ICEI Resident Assistant, who will serve the primary support personnel for ICEI Residence students between the hours of 8:00pm-8:00am. - Coordinate bi-weekly meetings with Residence Life Peer Mentors and ICEI Resident Assistant, providing supervision to support staff. - Support Residence Hall Director by attending staff meetings with ICEI Resident Assistant. - Manage ICEI Day and Residence Life Peer Mentoring programs; in addition to managing schedules also responsible for managing the Student Employment accounts for all of our ICEI Peer Mentors (both Day and Evening). Also responsible for submitting online job descriptions, reviewing the applicant pool, setting up interviews, and approving time sheets. - Serve as the main contact between partnering high school district staff and BSUICEI Residence Life staff; ensuring ICEI student involvement is successful - Work closely with ICEI day program staff in supporting students as needed.
1. Bachelor Degree
2. Experience working with individuals who have an intellectual disability
3. Strong organizational skills
4. Strong written and communication skills
5. Microsoft Office experience
6. Must have a sense of humor and the ability to work in a collaborative fast paced environment.
Special Education teaching background
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
Since its founding in 1840, Bridgewater has remained steadfast in its commitment to empower individuals and instill in its community an abiding desire to advance the public good. Our rigorous and dynamic academic environment encourages students and faculty to develop their strengths and become leaders in their fields. At the same time, we strive to lead by example. As the university continues to build momentum, we continuously reinvest in the success of our students and our region.