Title: Student Services Specialist
on responsibilities :
* Work closely with Admissions by conducting one-on-one interviews and assessments of prospective students
* Conduct Onboarding Student Support plan interviews for conditionally accepted students
* Manage follow up meetings with prospective students who are in need of additional resources such as stable childcare, concrete services and counseling and etc.
* Work with the Program Manager to access and refer students to available onsite and offisite supportive resources
* Work with the Admissions & Program Manager teams to address accepted Year Up student specific on-boarding support plan needs with appropriate referrals (e.g. development of EPIC intervention plans)
* Provide one-on-one brief supportive counseling and appropriate referral as needed for students
* Identify reoccurring student needs
* Identify services that can be accessed and/or provide direct services through scheduled on site presentations via community partnerships (e.g. benefits enrollment, health care, wellness, lifeskills, prevention groups)
* Document interactions and referrals with students/interns into the organization’s database (Salesforce).
Partnership Development & Capacity Building
* Build new/ enhance existing partnership relationships with community based organizations and social service agencies around mental health, housing, pregnancy/parenting, financial services, family issues, substance abuse, etc. so that they are available to students as needed
* Conduct a needs assessment to further understand the needs and trends of students to inform the partnership development work
* Build internal system/processes to continuely assess, maintain and further develop partnerships
* Document any new or existing partnerships with relevant contacts and linkage/referral agreements in the organization’s database (Salesforce)
* Coach and train staff on how to assess a need, refer out to one of the identified partners, and appropriately follow up for resolution
* Coach staff to examine trends (academic & non academic) and issues in the community that may be affecting our students
* Make quarterly recommendations to both Year Up Program team (Site Director & Program Manager) and the college partner to strengthen partnerships for student support services offered onsite and off site.
Site Team/Learning Community Member
* Collaborate and communicate with program team to address key student concerns
* Participate in staff meetings and trainings
* Develop close, supportive, and trusting relationships with students, to make one’s self available as a tertiary level of support for all students by interacting with the learning community programmatic activities (Morning kicks off, proskills, Friday feedbacks).