| GENERAL DUTIESThis class of positions encompasses the performance of technical and/or artistic work necessary for the visual presentation of information and data. There are two assignment levels within this class of positions. The following are typical assignments within this class of positions. All employees perform other related duties.Assignment Level I - under general supervision, with some latitude for independent action, performs moderately complex artistic work such as:|
* Prepares and designs comprehensive photomechanical layouts of jobs composed of typed material, line, and halftone art to be printed in house or by an outside vendor.
* Designs all forms of printed materials, consulting with originating departments in order to produce camera-ready copy for printing.
* Designs and produces internal working forms for various departments, as requested.
* Estimates costs and production time for publications, as necessary: also, deals with outside vendors on specifications and bids, as required.
* On occasion, utilizes phototypesetting or phototypesetter systems to produce high quality, typographically pleasing type matter; produces such head material from press type and enlarged photo type, as necessary.
* Utilizes Photostat camera and processing machine to prepare enlargements or reductions of materials for layouts.
* Prepare art materials, freehand or mechanically, for various art layouts.
* May supervise lower ranking personnel.
* Performs other related duties as required.Assignment Level II - under general supervision, with some latitude for independent action, performs work of advanced level complex work such as:
* Performs creative services for college publications.
* Coordinates design projects for the college.
* Estimates costs and production time for publications; also, deals with outside vendors on specifications and bids, as required.
* Designs college advertisements and special programs advertisements.
* Recruits, trains, and supervises college graphics designers, and/or other personnel as necessary.
* Performs other related duties as required.CONTRACT TITLEGraphics DesignerFLSANon-exemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe Office of Graduate Studies, a division of the Central Office of Enrollment Management at The City University of New York, is seeking a part-time (hourly) College Graphics Designer to manage Hobsons, the University's CRM tool, and create graphics for print and digital marketing collateral, web pages, communications to prospective students via Hobsons, and social media content (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook). The Office of Graduate Studies is the information hub for prospective students interested in Master's and Doctoral programs at 14 of CUNY's colleges. Our purpose is to market the 1000+ graduate programs at the 14 CUNY graduate colleges and recruit students to these programs. The Office of Enrollment Management, in collaboration with the CUNY colleges, designs and manages University-wide strategies, priorities, and policies pertaining to student enrollment.Key duties include but will not be limited to the following:
* Designing and publishing marketing materials for print and web based ads to promote over 800 Master's and Doctoral degree programs in more than 160 disciplines in 14 CUNY colleges
* Consulting with outside vendors on specifications required for advertisement in print publications and web based ads
* Collaborating with University Relations to create cohesive art work and photo materials for CUNY Office of Graduate Studies
* Preparing art materials, freehand or mechanically, for various art layouts that create visual impact
* Designing content for social media through CUNY Office of Graduate Studies Twitter, Instagram, and the graduate website
* Editing and updating graduate recruitment and marketing materials as requested
* Utilizing CRM tool, Hobsons, and other related CRM databases
* Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree in fine arts, commercial art, or similar, and two (2) years full-time experience or the freelance equivalent in graphics, drafting, or industrial design, or2. Possession of an associate degree in an appropriate field and three (3) years full-time experience or the freelance equivalent in graphics, drafting, or industrial design, or3. Possession of a high school diploma and four (4) years full-time experience or the freelance equivalent in graphics, drafting, or industrial design.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSThe ideal candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, or other related discipline
* Web developer experience - including experience with HTML and CSS, Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and content management software
* Experience in creating print ads, digital ads, and other marketing collateral (ex. Posters, stationery, etc.)
* Experience and ability to create and modify images for social media, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
* Highly detail oriented, with accurate and strong organization skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
* Detail oriented and accurate with strong critical thinking and evaluation/assessment skills
* Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, and group facilitation skills
* Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with diverse members of the University community and external constituents
* Proactive, collaborative, flexible, and customer focused
* Strong organizational and follow-through skills to develop and execute work plans, prioritize work, manage multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
* Computer proficiency using creative, administrative and academic programs, systems or databasesCOMPENSATIONLevel and hourly rate commensurate with qualifications and experienceLevel 1: New Hire Rate = $25.09/Hour*; Incumbent Rate = $28.37/HourLevel 2: New Hire Rate = $28.86/Hour*; Incumbent Rate = $32.61/Hour*The New Hire Rate reflects a 13% salary suppression in effect for the first 24 months of employment only.BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYFor full consideration, submit a cover letter and résumé online via CUNY's web-based job system, addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.https://home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu/psp/cnyepprd/GUEST/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action;=A&JobOpeningId;=16526&SiteId;=1&PostingSeq;=CLOSING DATEContinuous recruitment through May 31, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYWe are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.*Location:
* Central Office*Job Title:
* Graphics Designer (Hourly) - Office of Graduate Studies*Job ID:
* 16526*Full/Part Time: