| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Peri-Op 101 - O.R. Training Program Begins August 7th 2017!
Operating Room Nurses at MSK work in a highly professional environment with the latest technology and participate in innovative nursing programs designed to meet our unparalleled standards of excellence.
Our Peri-Op 101 OR Training Program offers novice RNs an excellent opportunity to develop intra-operative clinical and professional skills. In this comprehensive program, you will participate in both classroom and OR suite-based training, rotating through various surgical proceedures while learning both the scrub and circulating role of an OR RN. Please note: RNs selected for this traning program will be asked to give a minimum 3 year committment to OR Nursing at MSK.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to surgical patients in a healing and innovative environment
Discover Nursing at MSK
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged
- Approachable – someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you
- An effective communicator
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- In collaboration with the surgical team, provide clinical nursing care to manage a caseload of surgical patients .
- Perform duties under the direction of the nurse leader/charge nurse.
- Participate in the implementation of clinical support programs and quality assurance activities to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum.
- NYS RN license
- Minimum of two 1.5 - 2 years of clinical experience required
Hours: 10 hours shifts flexed between 7am and 11:30pm with weekend rotation required. Rotation to JRSC OR also be required.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.