| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Administrative Assistant in the Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program (HOPP)
The Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program (HOPP) was founded by Dr. Charles Sawyers in 2006 to address the challenges presented by cancer research in the era of targeted therapies. By bringing together researchers in many disciplines, HOPP’s goal is to advance scientific knowledge while bridging discoveries made in the laboratory with those made in the clinic. The department has grown to a faculty of nearly 20 physician-scientists, each with independent laboratories and research aims, and approximately 300 research and administrative staff.
HOPP’s administrative team partners with Dr. Sawyers and the HOPP Faculty to provide operational, financial and administrative support to facilitate the effective functioning of their research and academic efforts. We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support HOPP Faculty.
- An excellent communicator who can leverage interpersonal skills to partner and work with the full range of clients and stakeholders and function effectively in diverse settings (e.g., over the phone, in-person, in meetings or in giving presentations)
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Committed, hard-working, and a selfless team-player
- Assist the assigned PIs with administrative functions of laboratory management as well as academic and research activities
- Extensive calendar and travel management; screening and prioritizing requests for the PIs
- Assist with the development, planning and execution of various projects in support of departmental operations and laboratory initiatives
- Clerical duties and processing administrative paperwork; preparation of various documents including letters, grant applications, biosketches, CVs, and presentations
- Provide cross coverage for administrative team members in their absence
- The incumbent will also provide administrative support to the PIs’ laboratory staff, including: arranging meetings and travel, processing reimbursements, onboarding new lab members, and other personnel related responsibilities.
- The incumbent may participate in larger departmental initiatives or special projects as well, depending on time and availability.
- Work: Hours are Monday- Friday, 9:00am-5:00p
- High School plus at least 2 years’ of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree with no experience. Experience as an assistant or secretary in a healthcare, research, or laboratory setting preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) required
In order to be considered for an Administrative Assistant role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.