| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As the Environmental Service Lead you will be responsible to maintain a safe, clean and well organized environment for patients, their family, visitors and staff. Ensure work performed by Environmental Services staff is consistent with Supervisory directives and departmental standards and procedures. Assist in staff training. Escalate any staffing issues, work to be done to Manager. Take and document daily inspection.
Responsibilities include :
- Seven Steps Cleaning – Demonstrate performance of standardized cleaning procedures for non occupied and terminal cleaning of areas as outlined in the ES Department Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Waste Handling – Follow established hospital procedures for handling, containment, and disposal of general , infectious waste and chemicals waste as outlined in the department manual.
- Periodic Maintenance – Maintain all surfaces utilizing departmental procedures for cleanliness and appearance as outlined in the Building Service Manual and in training.
- Chemical Knowledge and Use – Demonstrate knowledge of proper chemical mixture, usage, storage, and labeling as outlined in the Environment of care Manual and the Environmental Service Manual.
- Standard Precautions – Utilize documented procedures in the infection Control Policy and Procedures Manual and personal protective equipment to prevent the spread of infection to patients, visitors and staff.
- Project Work – Performs project work as per schedule and/or assigned by Manager, responds to emergency requests, and assists with furniture moves.
- Safety/ care for Environment – Maintains safety guidelines when performing all functions as outlined in the department Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Lead Functions – Assign work to staff, make schedule change as needed and ensure work performed by Environmental Services staff is consistent with Supervisory directives and departmental standards and procedures. Maintain staff attendance records daily . Review staff sign in sheet daily. Assist in staff training. Organize moves and conference room set ups as scheduled. Provide progress report on work, equipment to Manager. Meet with Manager on a regular basis. Take supplies inventory. Conduct and document daily inspection. Perform equipment inspection. Stock housekeeping closets. Interact with other department staff.
- 5 years experience as an Environmental Services staff.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in carpet, hard floor care
- Knowledge of floor and carpet care equipment
- Flexible to work different shifts if needed
- High School Diploma / GED
- Some basic computer knowledge
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.