A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, include your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
Ross Career Services
Ross Career Services (RCS) serves Ross alumni and approximately 850 full-time day Master’s degree students (MBAs), 800 Part-time MBA students, 100 Master of Accounting students (MAccs), 50 Master of Supply Chain Management students (MSCMs), 75 Master of Management students (MMs), and 1,800 Bachelor’s degree students (BBAs) each year by providing a complete range of workshops and coaching services and by maintaining employer relationships and coordinating on-campus interviews and off-campus job postings.
This position will support the on-campus recruiting efforts through initiation, development, and management of company relationships in assigned industries/sectors; providing strategic direction with companies to maximize company impact, presence on campus, enhanced alumni relations, and assistance with meeting company hiring goals. The employer relations manager will also be responsible for the counsel of individual students and student clubs on recruiting strategies based on industry/sector expertise; recruiting policies, procedures, and providing daily support and assistance with company hosting activities.
Management/Development of Existing Company Relationships
- Scheduling and leading company recruitment strategy meetings and interaction with corporate representatives/alumni as necessary
- Providing companies with benchmarking information (industry trends, recruiting policies and reviewing job descriptions/job titles) to strengthen the company’s on-campus recruiting relationship
- Staying current and sharing information with students on industry knowledge and trends
Management/Development of New Company Relationships
- Develop and implement a year-round strategy to identify and source off campus employment opportunities for all Ross degree programs
- Creatively source leads from social media, students and alumni. Proactively reach out to contacts, often cold-calling company representatives to establish relationships on behalf of Michigan Ross
- Capture learnings from company meetings in CRM system and communicate with appropriate constituencies (students, staff, etc.)
Management of Student Relationships
- Counsel students on company culture and how to approach and correspond with companies
- Counsel students regarding interaction with specific companies/industries
Student Club Recruiting Support
- Counsel and meet regularly with assigned student club leaders on recruiting strategies/outreach plans based on industry/sector experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ experience in career development, recruiting and other talent acquisition related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated project management, event planning and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to exercise initiative as a critical member of a team and to work independently with high efficiency and productivity
- Ability to develop credibility with company representatives and executives, students and faculty
- Proven ability to delegate effectively and build a cohesive work team
- Professional demeanor and customer-service oriented manner
- Proven ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of people; superb interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), website applications, and M Pathways Financials (or comparable system)
- Knowledge and interest in database management.
- Experience in working in an academic environment
- Experience working in human resources related positions
- Alumna/alumnus of Michigan Ross
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- May require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
- The person in this position routinely communicates with students about financial aid, programs, events, activities, etc.
- The person in this position routinely presents information at events
- The person in this position occasionally moves through the building to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- The person in this position routinely moves boxes weighing up to 10 pounds on to wheeled carts for event preparation
- May require domestic travel
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.