Laundry Attendant - The Inn at Villanova University
Posting Number: 20171362S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become part of this new team in the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Laundry Attendant ensures that all housekeeping, special event, as well as F&B linens are processed in a timely manner while minimizing as much discarded product as possible. Primary job duties include, but are not limited to pick up and sort dirty linens from all hotel departments, operate commercial washers and dryers, fold & stack clean items into laundry bins/trucks to be delivered to the guest rooms/housekeeping closets, maintain cleanliness and organization of the department at all times.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorts used linens into appropriate categories for washing. Sorts out stained or torn linen.
- Loads washing machines with the appropriate items for a load. Weighs all loads and uses the appropriate amount and type of cleaning chemicals for each load.
- Moves washed linens to dryers. Assures that load size and drying time is correct given linen being dried. Removes linen from driers and delivers it to appropriate area for folding.
- Ensure that emergency procedures are understood so that in the event of an emergency the procedures are executed with accuracy and in a timely fashion
- Assists Room Attendants with stripping of beds, delivering and picking up linen, retrieving racks with dirty glassware and delivering racks of clean glassware to designated storage location
- Work is performed in a normal hotel/conference center environment with occasional stressful periods, and includes evenings, weekends, holidays, and special event periods.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- High School degree or GED required.
- Ability to follow very strict set expectations on laundering and folding. Understanding of recycling, laundry, chemical use.
- 2-3 years in the hospitality/custodial industry.
- Ability to communicate with guests and staff in a 4-Diamond style manner.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 05/05/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Job Classification: Union
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/11226
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency