Job Description:Job Description - This 4 months position is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of the Katherine Moran Coleman Aquatics Center pool patrons (Brown students, faculty, staff, alumni, coaches, administrators, RISD students & faculty and general community members) by preventing and responding to emergencies.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR for the Professional Rescuer/O2 administration
- Candidate must successfully demonstrate all the following swim and rescue skills as part of the interview process: Swim Test; Brick Test; Legs Only Tread; Rescue Skills Scenarios; Spinal Injury Management; CPR/AED/02/First Aid Scenarios
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and physical ability to act swiftly in emergency situations using aquatic rescue equipment.
- Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding skills and rescue techniques to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until Brown emergency services arrives.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift , etc., 50 pounds.
- Ability to make quick decisions and take decisive action. Assertive in enforcing facility rules and regulations consistently in a professional and customer service oriented manner.
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Must be responsible, alert, dependable and on time for scheduled shift.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on scheduling needs, including evenings, weekends, holidays, school vacations and summers.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check - Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-17-07:00
Job Posting Title:Lifeguard
Department:Athletics & Physical Education
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.