The Initiative to Maximize Student Development (IMSD) Program Coordinator provides essential administrative support to the IMSD Program Directors and IMSD Program Manager in matters relating to IMSD program activities, including academic & student activities, office support, program publicity and information, committee support, special events, and office-to-office support. The Brown University IMSD Program, active since 2008, provides research training support for PhD students from U.S. underrepresented groups to increase participation within the fields of biomedical and behavioral research, fosters partnerships with minority-serving institutions, and provides research training modules to the entire STEM graduate student community to complement the training experience and enhance trainee success. This is a part time position at .51% FTE.
- Associates Degree plus 2-3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.Excellent written and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.Microsoft Office, Gmail, and Excel knowledge necessary.
- Must be able to shift focus and priority in pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate to all program participants at all levels with tact and diplomacy. Must be able to work with diverse population.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, early mornings, and/or weekends for special program events.
- Criminal background and education check required.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:IMSD Program Coordinator
Department:Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.