NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a contract Talent Acquisition Specialist. In this role, the successful candidate will act as an internal consultant to Medical Center departments and will serve as a main point of contact for staffing and on boarding inquiries. This highly visible role provides invaluable assistance to multiple NYULMC departments to fill critical vacancies.
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting qualified applicants for positions in the administrative, allied health, professional, nursing and managerial opportunities both external and internal for the Medical Center
- Developing and implementing strategic marketing efforts designed to attract passive and active candidates
- Assisting employees interested in exploring career opportunities within the Medical Center, by developing better interview skills and providing them with resources for professional development when needed
- Organizing and actively participating in professional career days, job fairs, on-campus recruitment, open houses,
- Assisting colleagues with various projects, e. opening centers, system upgrades and coordinating open houses etc.
- Developing long term networking relationships with key resources in order to increase/broaden pool of potential applicants, and sharing contacts with colleagues; Branding, proactively recruiting and building pipelines
- Providing team leadership with regular updates of advertising needs and determining, prioritizing and planning advertising costs to ensure cost control
- Building and maintaining relationships with departments and acting as a consultant
- Preparing accurate, thorough and timely AA/EEO reports, turnover analysis studies and activity reports for areas of responsibility as needed
- Assuming staffing assistant duties when coverage is needed and taking initiative to remain continuously aware of the new hire onboarding process in order to easily assume the role
- Plus all other duties that are assigned
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field with a minimum of three years of recruiting and/or interviewing experience in healthcare, preferably hiring for professional roles at multiple levels, licensed professionals or nurses, with proficiency in MS Office required. Effective verbal, written communication, interpersonal and consultative skill with the ability to understand the needs and urgency of assigned customer base are essential.
Familiarity with an Applicant Tracking (PeopleSoft version 9.0 or later and Silkroad OpenHire) and Onboarding System is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.