NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate This position is responsible for coordinating the administrative activities for the office of Graduate Medical Education. This position performs both administrative and coordination duties that require independent critical thinking, time management, problem solving, multitasking skills.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the GME offices including but not limited to supply/inventory/equipment management, scheduling, and regulatory compliance. Develops policies, procedures and systems which ensure productive and efficient administrative operations. Acts as the liaison between the GME Office and GME programs.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for all administrative issues affecting the GME Office, external institutions and agencies.
- Maintains schedules/calendars of the DIO, Assistant Dean for GME, Administrative Director and Senior Director of Regulatory Compliance. Screens and handles telephone communications; evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required, including identifying needed resources and arranging for required support (i.e. Technical, A/V, etc) for meetings and events.
- Plans, arranges, outlines and drafts letters, memos, agendas, presentations and reports. Researches, analyzes and presents findings. Reviews, edits and obtains appropriate approvals. Responds to routine correspondences and refer the non-routine ones to the appropriate party.
- Coordinates monthly GMEC meetings, Program Coordinators meetings and subcommittee meetings. Arranges meeting location, audio visual support and catering. Prepares and distributes supplemental materials for meetings.
- Develops materials and presentations for monthly Program Coordinator Meeting, House Staff Orientation and other activities.
- Coordinates pre-RRC, special review and other GME-related meetings involving multiple parties.
- Prepares meeting minutes for bi-weekly staff and GMEC meetings.
- Utilizing the New Innovations and OnBase software to process requests for verification of credentials for house staff who have trained at NYU School of Medicine. Processes requests for house staff employment verification. Develop and maintain a reporting system to record verification requests and progress.
- Collects and distributes house staff paychecks.
- Applies the GME Out-Elective Policy to coordinate the process of out-elective applications and review of applications by subcommittee for final execution. Notifies Program Directors and house staff of the final approval in writing. Maintains records of out-elective requests and FTE allocation.
- Researches problems, issues and concerns and responds to requests for information.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
- Provides administrative supports to time sensitive projects.
To qualify you must have a 1. Bachelors degree in business administration, health care administration or related field or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as organizational leadership and financial management skills.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the accreditation process of Graduate Medical Education.
4. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management: Must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external customers.
5. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
6. Excellent time management skills.
7. Ability to work well under pressure.
8. Ability to manage multiple projects and to multi task while paying attention to details.
9. Computer proficiency with word processing, data management and analysis, and preparation of data for scientific presentation (e.g., in PowerPoint, Excel and New Innovations is highly recommended.)
10. Knowledge of standard office practices and ability to use office equipment.
1. Prior experience working in a GME office or ACGME accredited program at a large institution.
2. Experience with New Innovations.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.