| FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTLaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.LaGuardia Community College seeks an Instructor or Assistant Professor of the Business Administration Program - Healthcare Management option offered jointly by the Business & Technology and Health Science departments. This program is designed to offer students a path to a Bachelor's degree or an entry point to employment in settings such as hospital offices, medical billing units and physician's offices. The candidate would be responsible for teaching courses in the program, perform administrative duties associated with program needs, prepare the program self-study document as needed and advise students.|
* Prepare class schedules and faculty teaching assignments.
* Review and revise curriculum and program materials as needed.
* Conduct course and overall program evaluation.
* Supervise faculty and staff in the program and assist in the annual performance review.
* Hire, supervise, and evaluate full-time and adjunct faculty members and college laboratory technicians as needed.
* Support departmental, divisional and college initiatives.
* Provide academic advisement to students.
* Participate in local/state/national affiliate meetings as necessary and keep current in the field of expertise.
* Conduct scholarly activity and disseminate results to academic and professional audiences.Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.QUALIFICATIONSAssistant Professor:Master's degree in a related health management field and active, valid, and unencumbered state licensure or certification as applicable to the discipline. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, interest in productive scholarship or creative achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.Instructor:Master's degree in a related health management field required. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, interest in productive scholarship or creative achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSThe ideal candidate will possess a minimum of three year's experience in the healthcare management field. a PhD in a related field of health care management or business is preferred. Experience in teaching coursework in either post-secondary, vocational/technical, or higher education.COMPENSATIONCUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.CLOSING DATE5/29/2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: FacultyEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* LaGuardia Community College*Job Title:
* Instructor or Assistant Professor - Healthcare Management*Job ID:
* 16494*Full/Part Time: