| GENERAL DUTIES|
* Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
* There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned asneeded.
* Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
* Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records,operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards,act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
* Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
* Acts as cashier.
* Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
* Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
* Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
* Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
* May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.CONTRACT TITLECollege AssistantFLSANon-exemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONTo maintain a current and expansive pool of part-time clerical support staff, we are seeking College Assistants to supplement our committed workforce across various departments of New York City College of Technology.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
* High School Diploma or GED
* Excellent customer service skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Ability to take initiative when necessary
* Willingness to learnCOMPENSATION$12.00 per hour - $23.57 per hour (commensurate with experience and qualifications)BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEOpen until filled with review of resumes to begin July 20, 2016.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Support StaffEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* NYC College of Technology*Job Title:
* College Assistant (Anticipated Vacancies) - Various Departments*Job ID:
* 15216*Full/Part Time: