| POSITION DETAILSNew York City College of Technology seeks a full-time Fabrication Lab & Digital Media Technology Specialist (IT Academic Technology Specialist) to support operations located in the Architectural Technology Department and to build a dynamic, cross-disciplinary environment within the School of Technology and Design. NYCCT is committed to maintaining up-to-date technologies, including state-of-the-art fabrication labs with the latest software and tools utilized in the fields of architectural and environmental design, engineering, and construction. The school's commitment was recognized by the National Science Foundation with a $900,000 Advanced Technology Education grant, which is supporting program development and training. The School of Technology and Design offers foundational training and upper-level electives in specialized areas, including advanced construction technologies and materials, building information modeling, advanced computation and fabrication, building performance and environmental analysis, and existing building technologies.The Technology Specialist works closely with faculty to coordinate the fabrication and digital media operations, including recruitment, scheduling and supervision of 30+ part-time technical staff for fabrication labs, and related classroom and student support. The Technology Specialist will:|
* Maintain familiarity with new developments in architecture and engineering related software and hardware, and assist in evaluating options
* Collaborate with faculty and industry advisors to assess needs and assist with lab curriculum development.
* Coordinate and assist with special projects related to student lab projects (exhibitions, symposia), outreach and public relations, and development of relationships with advisors/industry partners.
* Organize and oversee workshops, development of online tutorials, and tutoring schedules
* Develop training materials and guidelines for support staff, and carry out training as needed
* Set up HTML or other web-based support pages for fabrication labs and shops
* Train and supervise lab and shop point persons and monitors, and manage work flow
* Oversee troubleshooting and testing of related software for computer labs and of shop equipment
* Manage fabrication lab, including inventory and purchasing requests, system documentation, maintenance, tutorials for machine use, and safety protocols
* Facilitate effective communications with faculty, staff, and students relative to technology resources
* Assist in identifying appropriate databases, systems and procedures for management and tasking; facilitate implementationQUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWSupports and consults with faculty, students, and others in the use of instructional systems, software, and programs.
* Provides day-to-day support for users of instructional systems
* May supervise a College help desk related to academic technology, supervising and training staff
* Designs, develops, and delivers training and orientation sessions on the use of instructional technologies
* May serve as an administrator and/or account coordinator for one or more systems
* Assists in demonstrating the practical application of computers and communications technology for classes and workshops for faculty or students
* May track problem reports, troubleshoot reported issues, and document resolutions
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: IT Academic Technology SpecialistCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssistantFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYTo apply go to www.cuny.edu. access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy notice using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.CLOSING DATEApplications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes will begin July 25, 2016.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* NYC College of Technology*Job Title:
* Fabrication Lab & Digital Media Technology Specialist*Job ID:
* 15200*Full/Part Time: