| GENERAL DUTIESPerforms supervisory and/or complex technical functions in laboratories in support of coursework.|
* Maintains, fabricates, modifies, and repairs equipment
* Determines equipment requirements, prepares purchase specifications and coordinates acquisitions
* Trains and supervises College Laboratory Technicians, College Assistants, and other laboratory staff
* Manages set up, maintenance, and organization of student laboratories
* Maintains safety and hygiene standards
* Documents laboratory activities
* Performs related duties as assigned.CONTRACT TITLESenior College Laboratory TechnicianFLSANon-exemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe Senior College Laboratory Technician (CLT) in the Department of Chemistry at New York City College of Technology/CUNY will be responsible for various duties which include, but are not limited to:
* Upkeep and troubleshooting of chemical instrumentation and lab equipment, including a 300MHz NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance), a GCMS (gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer), a LCMS (liquid chromatograph-mass spectrometer), GCs (Gas Chromatography, HPLCs (High Pressure Liquid Chromatography), N2 (nitrogen) and compressed air generators and IR (Infrared Spectrometers), UV-Visible fluorescence, circular dichroism (CD) spectrophotometers, XRD (X-ray diffractometer), AFM (atomic force microscopy), and AA (Atomic Absorption).
* Preparation of reagents as well as set up of equipment and other instructional materials for support of laboratory classes.
* Maintenance of laboratory environment in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
* Assist in procurement, recordkeeping, and distribution of laboratory supplies and equipment.
* Provide laboratory support including daily maintenance and repair of lab equipment in both classroom and research laboratories.
* Assist faculty course coordinators in the design and revision of laboratory exercises.
* Act as a liaison between the office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and the department.
* Supervise part-time CLTs.Evening/weekend hours may be required, if necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSHigh School Diploma with a minimum of eight years' related experience. Additional education may be used to meet the experience requirement: an Associate's degree may be substituted for two years' experience and a Bachelor's degree may be substituted for four years' experience. This position may also require the ability to supervise others.COMPENSATIONSalary commensurate with education and experience.BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.CLOSING DATEApplications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes may begin October 3, 2016.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* NYC College of Technology*Job Title:
* Senior College Laboratory Technician - Chemistry*Job ID:
* 15189*Full/Part Time: