Position Number: 009849
Department: Facilities Management (Adm)
Employment Type: Permanent - Full-time
Months Per Year: 12
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Receive and welcome visitors to Building Environmental Services (BES) and Recycling and provide accurate information to the campus community; demonstrate a polite, helpful and knowledgeable attitude to promote a positive image of the department.
2.Receive and respond to inquiries or concerns from external departments such as IT in order to grant card access to assigned buildings.
3.Coordinate with vendors/contractors to obtain parking passes, ensure building access and collaborate with Zone Supervisors, Logistics, and external departments while vendors are on campus until work is completed.
4.Perform equipment inventory updates and enter into Archibus promptly.
5.Use applications not included in Microsoft Office Suite accordingly.
6.Compose letters, memos, and reports as directed by the BES office manager.
7.Maintain accurate and cost-effective budgets in spreadsheets that support the mission and goals of the department and review weekly.
8.Create, monitor, and reconcile accounts using 49er Mart, SDI work requests, and Banner reports.
9.Understand and adhere to Facilities Management and specific Building Environmental Services policies.
Minimum Experience / Education:
Graduation from high school, or completion of its equivalency, and one year of office/clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of training & experience.
Preferred Education Skills and Experience:
1. High school graduation and at least one year of clerical experience required.
2. Three years of clerical experience preferred.
3. Associate degree in business administration, clerical work, or a related discipline is preferred.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Docs.
5. Experience creating and maintaining detailed reports and graphs.
6. Experience in ordering, receiving and tracking departmental inventory.
7. Prefer some exposure to a University setting, Banner Finance, 49er Mart, and Archibus.