Account Clerk III - Foundation (May 2017)
Citrus Community College
Performs varied recordkeeping duties associated with the processing and completing accounting transactions, posting, assembling, and tabulating, and preparing data for financial statements using established formats. Usually is responsible for consolidating all accounting elements within a program or service such as customer accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash, other current accounts, and cost of services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Posts, assembles, tabulates and reconciles financial and statistical data to support the monthly and annual closing of books.
- Receives cash and cash equivalent from a variety of sources. Verifies amounts and balances to supporting documentation. Enters information into appropriate accounts as required. Prepares deposits and other transmittals.
- Reconciles and compiles periodic reports to show statistics such as cash receipts, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Trace transactions through previous accounting actions to identify and correct discrepancies.
- Reconciles, balances books, and compiles reports and financial statements on a recurring basis to show statistics such as cash receipts, accounts payable, and receivable. Traces transactions through previous accounting actions to identify and correct discrepancies.
- Verifies and accounts for funds and other assets received by the District for specified uses (e.g., donations, conditional uses).
- Prepares for administrative review periodic trial financial statements for special funds using standardized accounting software.
- Prepares and enters cash and cash-equivalent amounts into holding accounts, then disburses into separate accounts by making intra-account transfers through multiple accounting software formats.
- Analyzes, prepares, processes, and reconciles accounts payable and receivable transactions and miscellaneous reimbursement items for accounting and disbursement.
- Administers revolving accounts used for disbursing funds to meet urgent student needs.
- Disburses checks for payroll and accounts payable. Reviews information for correctness and compliance with documentation. Accesses records on handling of checks. Documents date, check number and other information with disbursed.
- May prepare and process college-wide accounts payable information to comply various payment timetables. Verifies and reconciles documentation of merchandise and services received against claims, invoices, purchase orders, and packing slips.
- Verifies and corrects account codes, authorization, and available and qualifying budgets.
- May segregate and apply codes to certain accounts, such as but not limited to, payables for utilities. Verifies correct billing.
- Researches, analyzes, resolves, and assists others with accounting transactions and adjustments such as credit memoranda, undocumented purchases and invoices, goods and services not received, returned or refund checks.
- Manipulates data management systems to produce custom, yet recurring reports, requiring a working knowledge of the relationships of financial data.
- Provides administrative support to projects and special assignments that require getting information and cooperation from other departments and vendors.
- May conduct research of internal and external responses to support departmental reports and activities.
- May prepare correspondence relating to assigned responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position including the duties of other accounting clerks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires a working knowledge of the principles, practices, and terminology of financial and statistical record-keeping and accounting data entry practices.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of governmental and fund accounting procedures for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and disbursements.
- Requires in depth knowledge of computer-aided accounting systems to setup accounts, enter accounting transactions, and extract detail and summary information.
- Requires working knowledge of financial statements and accounting performance (variance) reports.
- Requires a working knowledge of office clerical procedures and computer-aided office productivity software.
- Requires sufficient writing skills to prepare basic business correspondence, accounting instructions, and account footnotes.
- Requires sufficient math skills to compute totals, extensions, portions, ratios, quotients, and percentages.
- Requires sufficient human relations skill to convey policies and procedures and to deal cooperatively
with others on accounting transactions.
- Requires the ability to perform the functions of the position.
- Requires the ability to learn and apply accounting rules and procedures, sales and use tax requirements and schedules, and procedures for electronic transfer of accounting information.
- Requires the ability to learn various vendor accounting requirements and cycles.
- Requires the ability to research, compile, analyze, and interpret accounting data.
- Requires the ability to maintain accurate and retrievable files, records, audit trails and trace
transactions to original entries.
- Requires the ability to perform accounting and general math computations quickly and accurately.
- Requires the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and timetables.
- Requires the ability to work cooperatively with individuals and work teams within and outside the department, including vendors.
- Requires the ability to access and use a computer, common office productivity software, and specialized accounting software to access databases.
- Four years of experience in recordkeeping.
- Four years of experience in a production-oriented financial recordkeeping capacity in a community college setting.
- Knowledge of charitable giving procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma, or the equivalent, and four years of recordkeeping, cashiering, or clerical experience.
- Incumbent must be able to work in an office setting engaged in work of a primarily sedentary nature.
- Requires sufficient hand-eye-arm coordination to use a keyboard and 10-key, arm/hand movements to retrieve work materials from storage files, and operate a variety of general office equipment.
- Requires visual acuity to read computer screens, printed material, and detailed accounting information.
- Requires auditory ability to carry on conversations over the phone and in person.
"THE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER."
It is the policy of the District not to discriminate against and to encourage a diversity of applicants based on national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, race, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, use of family and medical care leave, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, or because he or she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one of more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications are considered legal documents, and as such, all areas of the application must be completed or your application packet will be considered incomplete, and will not be moved forward. While it may be appropriate in some areas of your application to use "NA" (not applicable), do not use terms such as "see resume" or "see attached". When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all required documents, and those additional documents you choose to include, are attached BEFORE clicking the "Finished Attaching Documents" button and confirming. It is advisable to attach "Optional" documents first, and then "Required" documents once you are ready to click on the "Finished Attaching Documents" button and confirming.
Application and Supplemental Questionnaire must be complete. A resume will not substitute for a fully completed employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete applications will be rejected. When listing your work experience, please specify the beginning and end dates for each job you held and describe your experience.
Additional documents CANNOT be added to your electronic application packet once you click on "Finished Attaching Documents" and receive your confirmation number; so, please be sure you have all documents you will upload handy and in an electronic format. THE APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM WILL NOT ACCEPT DOCUMENTS LARGER THAN 2MB. IF YOUR DOCUMENTS DO NOT UPLOAD, PLEASE RESIZE. If you do not have all your documents handy at the time you are applying for the position, we advise you to click on "Finish Attaching Documents Later". Be sure, however, to finish attaching your documents BEFORE the close or first consideration date for the position. Please remember, you will NOT be able to attach additional documents after you have selected "Finished Attaching Documents" and have received a confirmation number, and you will not be able to apply for a position after the position has closed.
Please note: should an applicant apply for a position more than once, only the most recently received application packet will be the one screened for completeness. All others will be deemed inactive, and will not be considered, regardless of completeness.
We regret we are unable to accept faxed, emailed, mailed, or hand delivered application materials outside the online Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Only application materials submitted through this electronic format will be accepted. Exception: The Citrus College Form 101 must be mailed or hand delivered to the Director of Human Resources in a sealed, confidential envelope.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided to candidates with verified disabilities. Accommodation requests should be made at the time the interview appointment is scheduled.
All employees within the bargaining unit are required to pay dues as a member of the exclusive representative or pay an agency fee.
Starting salary for a new classified hire at Citrus College is fixed at Step 1.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://employment.citruscollege.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51597
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency