RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, treating over 3 million patients a year. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children's hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey's second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns.
The Financial Clearance Representative position plays a key role in the health care system. His/Her interaction with patients, providers, and other healthcare facilities is very often the first point of contact and impacts repeat visits, patient satisfaction and revenue. Therefore, the efficiency of getting it right the first time, while giving great customer service is an essential function of this job.
- Collects, validates and accurately documents patient demographic, financial and other relevant personal information.
- Ensures proper forms are signed and all financial clearance activity has been completed.
- Contributes to the financial vitality of the organization by thoroughly understanding key operational dependencies (insurance eligibility, referrals, authorizations, etc.).
- Navigates multiple systems simultaneously while maintaining detailed, thorough and error-free entries.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves any issues that may cause delays in service.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve Patient Access or Financial Clearance activities.
Works collaboratively across teams with peers and revenue cycle departments. May perform other duties as assigned to support revenue cycle operations
High school education or equivalent with emphasis on computer literacy and communication skills. Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred.
Patient Access Reprehensive Certification preferred.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
· Medical/Dental/Vision plans
· 401 (k)
· Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
· Short & Long Term Disability
· Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Equal Opportunity Employer