Job Code: 26330-17009
Nights (rotating weekends)
Emergency Room Nurse/ED Nurse/ER Nurse/ED RN/Emergency Department Registered Nurse.
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER
2610 N. Woodlawn, Wichita, KS 67220
About Wesley Woodlawn Hospital & ER
Wesley Woodlawn, campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award for a second consecutive year from the healthcare performance improvement firm Studer Group®, a Huron Healthcare solution. The hospital was selected based on its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, which were in the 90th percentile nationally.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course, as specified in policy
Successful completion of the Wesley Dysrhythmia exam within allotted timeframe, as specified in policy
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), as specified in policy
Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification
Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) verification course, as specified in policy
Required Education or Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Preferred Education or Experience
Previous nursing experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others
Ability to work in a fast paced, high stress environment
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Possess personal computer skills
Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Last Edited: 05/11/2017
Apply for this job