VCU Health System's Newborn Intensive Care is seeking a full time Nurse Practitioner. Advanced practice registered nurses (APN) demonstrate a high level of expertise in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of the complex responses of individuals, families, or communities to actual or potential health problems, prevention of illness and injury, maintenance of wellness, and provision of comfort. Assist the health care team with the prevention of illness and injury, maintenance of wellness, and provision of comfort. APNs continue to perform many of the same interventions used in basic nursing practice. The difference in this practice relates to a greater depth and breadth of knowledge, a greater degree of synthesis of data, and complexity of skills and intervention. ANA's Scope and Standards of Advanced Practice Registered Nursing (1996)
- Clinical decision-making in collaboration with physicians and daily prioritization of activities. The allocation of time spent in patient care and elsewhere is largely self-determined.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited program specific to area of practice
- Current RN Licensure in Virginia
- Must be a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP)
- Credentialing in accordance with medical staff by-laws for specific job title
- Prescriptive authority when required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a RN
- Academic health care experience
- Two (2) years within the specialty practice area
- Advanced Practice Nursing Role or Clinical Leadership Role experience
At VCU Health System, our most important assets are not bricks and mortar; they are our team members … all 12,000+ of them. Our workforce is diverse, dedicated and talented. Our team members continue to earn local, regional and national awards and accolades, which is an indicator that they are happy and feel supported working here. And our culture of STAR Service focuses on our common purpose – “Our Caring Service Begins With Me.” – in the provision of the highest level of customer service, which encourages diversity and inclusion.
If you have been looking to take your career to the next level, we have been looking for you. We offer more than 400 work/life benefits including competitive pay, generous benefits, flexible work options, prepaid tuition, on-site child and elder care and much, much more.
For a full position description and to apply visit: www.vcuhealth.org/careers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. VCUHS appreciates diversity and encourages women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.