The production manager’s (PM) overall objective is to oversee production of a wide variety of projects that support NACUBO’s mission of advancing the economic viability and business practices of higher education institutions. The PM will implement NACUBO's publishing strategy and policies and manage the creative collateral for NACUBO programs and membership materials. Duties include project planning, workflow management, quality control, formatting of collateral, and communicating with staff, members, and vendors. PM needs advanced organizational and project management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments at once. Must be familiar with project management tools and Adobe Creative Suite applications (specifically: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively prepare and execute all elements of the publishing process, from idea generation to execution and inventory management for a broad range of publications, including printed books, and online subscriptions.
- Effectively oversee the work of a wide variety of creative and technical specialists, including writers, designers, editors, website developers, and printers.
- Consistently and efficiently communicate with a variety of stakeholders, including other teams across NACUBO staff and membership.
- Substantively edit text, photography, and video for marketing, publications, and programs.
- Help with monitoring and updating the NACUBO Business Officer magazine microsite with relevant and engaging content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective generation of new, innovative, and creative ideas.
- Commitment to a collaborative work environment, always enhancing potential for idea exchange.
- Ensure that publications meet NACUBO’s standards of excellence, involving other content specialists to elevate the quality of work as necessary.
- Effective preparation and execution of publications.
- Compliance with NACUBO policies, procedures, and practices.
- Adherence to project guidelines and departmental budget.