Part-time Hourly Position: Library Assistant
Expected Beginning Date: 8/14/17
Application Deadline: May 29, 2017
The Library Assistant’s primary role is to supervise the Library in the late afternoons and during evening study hours as well as perform librarian related tasks during this period. This is a part-time hourly position of 30 hours per week when school is in session.
- Supervises all Library users during afternoon (1-6 p.m.) and evening hours (7:15-9:30 p.m.), Monday-Thursday, ensuring compliance with the Library Use Policies.
- Operates the Library circulation/reference desk assisting students, faculty and visitors with all Library needs.
- Assists with student research projects including developing research guides and collecting print & online resources.
- Maintains the Library facility including technology, furniture, displays, collection and supplies.
- Oversees all cataloging work done by volunteers, updates related documentation and troubleshoots LMS.
- Provides direction and oversight to parent and student Library volunteers on various tasks and special projects
- Assists with collection development, weeding, inventory, and reporting.
- Maintains the Library’s online presence on the School website, classroom management software and social media.
- Assists with Library subscriptions management, purchasing, user access and troubleshooting.
- Provides technology support with printers, copiers, 3-D printer, VR installation, loaner laptops, chargers, etc.
- Assists with Library and related program purchasing and billing.
- Serves as substitute for Library Director as necessary.
- Attends all-school functions as requested by supervisor.
- Fulfill staff-related duties as agreed upon by the Dean of Staff and Library Director
- CPR / AED TRAINED AND CERTIFIED – All Athenian employees must have up-to-date certifications in both cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and proper operation of a defibrillator (AED).
Please send letter of interest and current resume via email to: jsternberg @athenian.org by Monday, May 29, 2017.