PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing and HLD Education Coordinator!
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, WA is looking for a full time Sterile Processing and HLD Education Coordinator to join the Central Services Department team.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years of sterile processing experience in the healthcare field, as well as 2 years’ experience in program coordination and customer service experience with web-based and other educational technologies or training systems .
A Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD or other nationally recognized certifying body is required for this position.
Our competitive pay range starts at $24.28/hr (more DOE), plus a robust benefits package.
Vancouver, Washington is a city with much to offer visitors and residents alike- is located just across the river from Portland, Oregon. We enjoy a mild climate and just to the North and East, beautiful scenic views and countless outdoor recreational opportunities. Vancouver’s friendly community has quick access to all the metropolitan amenities of Portland, and is home to award-winning schools, affordable housing, and beautiful recreational areas. It truly is a place to experience and love!
To apply, CLICK HERE or please visit http://jobs.peacehealth.org to apply, search for job # 150170. For questions, email Recruitment-at-peacehealth.org.
Thank you for your interest!
1.Develops, coordinates and integrates staff education, training, competencies, professional practices and quality audit processes in the inpatient, ambulatory and local affiliated clinics to assure caregivers involved with sterilization and high level disinfection in the organization are oriented to their positions. Assesses, designs, develops, administers and measures technical and performance requirements/skills for all instrument and scope processing across the organization and in partnership with system colleagues.
2.Researches and coordinates multiple and complex education programs and training to meet needs of departments and the system. Will include coordination of vendor supplied training.
3.Maintains ongoing review of new technologies and instrumentation selections that reduce costs, improve quality of sterilization services and improve safety for patients and caregivers.
4.Addresses the following: gaps in processes, information on new technology, continuous quality improvement, a leader checklist for annual competencies, formal mentoring for new employees, in-services on new equipment and provides representation on the Surgical Site Infection Committee.
5.Documents in training in PeaceHealth’s learning management system using standardized templates, forms and agreements.
6.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree, or combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in program coordination and customer service experience with web-based and other educational technologies or training systems strongly preferred.
- Training or experience with adult learning and/or instructional design.
- Minimum 3 years Central Sterile experience
Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD or other nationally recognized certifying body required at date of hire
- Demonstrated familiarity within the CSP hospital based industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of OSHA & WISHA standards
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and a variety of education technology methodologies.
- Additional training or certification desired in areas such as human performance technology, improvement or management; process improvement; adult learning; instructional design; competency models; data collection and analysis tools; and customer needs assessments.
- Knowledge of current regulations and requirements (AAMI, AORN, IAHCSM, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills in presentations, clinical skills assessment methodology and project management
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating work groups, curriculum design/development/delivery and quality management principles
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. The Sisters shared expertise and transferred wisdom from one medical center to another, always finding the best way to serve the unmet need for healthcare in their communities. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. Visit us online at peacehealth.org.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver, WA community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.