Department: Information Systems
Reports To: Information Systems Manager
Job Classification: Exempt
Works with Information Systems Manager to help manage the association’s customer relations database and peripheral integrated systems, including the association’s website content management system. Supports staff program requirements by providing technical support and problem resolution, assisting with the creation of reports and queries and ensuring that staff is trained in the proper use of association databases and other tools. Aids in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies to guide input and ensure databases and website effectively capture member information and generate accurate membership, financial, and analytical reports. Provides on-going training and support to database and website users.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Information Systems Manager to maintain functionality and integrity of ASCA's database and peripheral systems.
- Work with Information Systems Manager to troubleshoot database problems as they arise and follow-up on issues to ensure timely resolution of database problems.
- Work with the Information Systems Manager to develop processes and solutions (with guidance from stakeholders) to enhance the customer database and website constituent services and experiences.
- Develop and execute regular and ad hoc reports and queries for department staff as needed.
- Conduct staff training on using the ASCA database and peripheral systems.
- Work with Communications Department staff to provide website content posting support as needed.
- Work with Information Systems Manager to provide backup support for technical tasks managed in the Communications Department, including website design, website management, email messaging, and media releases.
- Aid association members with technical issues related to website and technology systems.
- Other technology duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Information Systems Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Abila netFORUM Enterprise or similar object relational database.
- Knowledge of Transact SQL, including adding and changing columns, updating records, creating tables, etc.
- Knowledge of xWeb for web services and integrations.
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
- Strong experience in troubleshooting and a proactive approach to resolving technical support issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write materials and communicate technical information to non-technical associates.
- Candidate should possess a clear understanding of project management, database management, online marketing, web development processes and usability guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while acting as netFORUM or similar technology help-desk and training staff.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and web-based applications.