Senior Internet Architect/Developer, Information Systems
Professional Non-Unit Position
Oversees the functionality, and security of the college's web site, portal, associated systems and assures accessibility of the college's web services for all users. Responsible for the integration and coordination of Internet/web related services and functionality into the overall computing fabric of the college resources including but not limited to: College Portal, Administrative systems, external reporting, Library systems, Academic/distance learning systems, Student, faculty, staff and alumni systems, mobile technologies and web presence.
Develop, in conjunction with college personnel, web services and IT staff, a vision of development of and integration of new services and systems. Assesses proposed technology projects as they relate to web services, integration, portal and recommends and implements appropriate solutions. Analyze user requests, objectives, requirements, and procedures prior to developing solutions or improving existing computer system(s). Manage the technical administration and development of the college public website, campus portal, learning management systems, college Intranet, external contracts, and other servers and services that are integrated into this environment. Work collaboratively with other colleges, state agencies and vendors to achieve the institutional and Commonwealth strategic objectives.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide input and vision for shaping and extending the college's online environment and services.
- Manage, maintain and grow the development of single sign-on software integration linkages to disparate college systems.
- In partnership with technical leads, helps set direction for our technology practices including growth and expansion of mobile technologies.
- Prioritizes, evaluates and responds to customer requests for new or modified web systems and solutions:
- Analyze business requirements and develop system requirement specifications.
- Create work effort estimates to present to the customer, which will be used as a primary input to develop project schedule and responsibility breakdowns.
- Convert business and system requirements into detailed system design and technical specifications.
- Convert system designs and technical specifications into program code.
- Develop various implementation plans, i.e., quality assurance, training, documentation, transition, release, software build, as required by the established software development methodology.
- Research complex problems to facilitate product support/expansion and develop solutions to problems.
- Work with Web Services staff during all phases of the development process, including requirements gathering, relational database design, development, testing and implementation.
- Coordinates with IT department staff to ensure that installations, data migrations, organization and management of the ERP system and web services remain secure and functional.
- Oversee integration and / or development processes to interface external applications into the College systems to meet reporting and analytical requirements (development of dashboards).
- Work with IS management staff to maintain policies, roles and rights for users of college systems.
- Manages upgrades to software and hardware (Linux and Windows) for web services systems as required. Install software releases as established by software build and release plans.
- Works with the CIO to develop annual web services portion of the institutional IS budget.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of user, technical and operational documentation that describes program code, logic, changes and corrections.
- Train staff as required to ensure knowledge transfer and sustainability
- Provide technical support, consultation and training to IT staff.
- Analyze and troubleshoot existing program code and correct errors as required. Run quality assurance tests to find errors and confirm that programs meet business requirements, system designs, and technical specifications.
- Participates on college committees
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Chief Information Officer
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: 2 positions: Web & Systems Developer & Portal & System Support
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
STARTING DATE: ASAP
Submit resume and cover letter. Resume review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants selected for an interview will need to provide names of at least three professional references.