Oxbridge Academy announces its search for a new Associate Director of College Counseling who brings the highest standards of professionalism to the critical role of guiding Oxbridge students on their journey from secondary to tertiary education.
The candidate we seek will bring several years of successful college counseling experience, ideally in a similar school, or several years admissions experience at a highly selective college or university. Our next Associate Director of College Counseling must demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to teamwork and collaboration, superior interpersonal and communication skills,? expert public speaking skills, and a commitment and desire to provide the best experience possible for students and families.
Oxbridge Academy’s College Counseling Office supports students on every step of their four-year journey through upper school and gives students the tools they need to plan and prepare for their academic future from the first day of ninth grade up until the moment they accept offers of admission at colleges and universities of their choice.
The individual ready to fill the important position will fuse expertise in college guidance, superb verbal and written communication skills, fluency in navigating and customizing bespoke Naviance Family Connection user experiences for students, parents, and teachers, and a desire to learn and grow within a dynamic and proactive college counseling office, which serves the best interests of our outstanding group of upper school students and their families who have come to expect excellence in the support our college counseling office delivers through every stage of the transition from secondary to tertiary education.
This position ideally starts no later than July 2017; however, as we are searching for the right fit, there is flexibility for a strong fit candidate.
The Associate Director of College Counseling will provide intensive and personalized one-on-one counseling for fifty seniors (and their families) for the duration of their college search and application process.
The Associate Director of College Counseling will exhibit strong organizational ability and the capacity to meet multiple, frequent, and competing deadlines. Excellent technology skills including the ability to use Naviance/eDocs and college-specific submission systems to process and send documents, access and analyze web and data based information, and control and manage student data are also essential.
Reporting to the Director of College Counseling, the new Associate Director of College Counseling will:
- Enjoy writing compelling recommendation letters for fifty students by October of their final year in upper school
- Advise, administer and track all aspects of the college search and application process including admission decisions and statistics using Naviance
- Respond quickly and effectively to the needs of a diverse and demanding student and parent population
- Provide personalized college counseling to a caseload of approximately 200 students (parts or all of Grade 9-12) including 50 seniors and their parents about colleges, universities, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, and testing using varied formats, including, but not limited to
o Individual meetings
o Small group presentations
o Large group presentations
o Subject/grade level specific workshops
o Effective electronic and print communication
- Have a sophisticated and current understanding of selective college admissions and financial aid for international student applicants
- Develop a personalized testing calendar for all students: SAT, ACT, Subject Tests, TOEFL, etc.
- Administer the PSAT and PreACT each year, interpret results, and use results for academic planning in coordination with fellow upper school team members
- Use connections, web-based resources, local and national agencies, etc. to maintain professional knowledge of current issues and trends in college admission in the USA and Canada
- Establish and maintain relationships with university admissions representatives; meet with and graciously welcome all college admissions representatives who visit our campus and facilitate meetings between college representatives and our students
- Facilitate college and career information sessions on campus
- Develop and present parent awareness programs that related to varied admissions systems in different countries
- Maintain membership in professional organizations
The new Associate Director of College Counseling will join a four-person team that includes a Director of College Counseling, an Associate Director of College Counseling (this role), an Assistant Director of College Counseling, and a College Counseling Coordinator.
To be considered for this exciting position at a premier school located in sunny South Florida, please include your cover letter and resume, a sample letter of recommendation, and contact information for three professional references.