- Doctorate in Nursing or related field and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required for Tenure Track position. MSN with ongoing progress toward or written commitment to begin a doctorate in nursing or related field required for Regular Non-Tenure Track position.(Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university)
- Current, active Missouri RN license or eligibility for Missouri licensure
- Recent, within the last three years, medical-surgical nursing teaching experience (theory or clinical; faculty or preceptor)
- Minimum three years recent clinical experience in acute care, medical-surgical nursing (faculty or staff)
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with students, faculty, staff and the community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2017. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by May 30, 2017.
Required Information: To apply, submit the following items online at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/semoedu/defaull.cfm?promotionaljobs=1
- Letter of interest addressing position requirements
- Current curriculum vita
- Copy of current nursing license and applicable certification
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Departmental Information: The Department of Nursing includes 21 faculty members serving over 300 undergraduate and graduate students. Both the BSN and MSN programs are CCNE accredited. The department website may be accessed at http://www.semo.edu/nursing/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER