· Maintain sufficient number of qualified staff by interviewing, hiring, supervising and retaining staff.
· Take initiative to solve problems and recommend improvements for the department to VP and site Medical Director.
· Follows standard, policies and procedures and participates in agency quality improvement activities including patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes.
· Accurately evaluate staff performance and utilize progressive discipline when appropriate.
· Plan and utilize a collaborative inter-departmental approach in managing patient care.
· Provide clinical supervision to staff or delegates as appropriate.
· Provides administrative and clinical supervision to Behavioral Health Consultants and Care Coordinators as appropriate.
· Monitor department compliance with HRSA, The Joint Commission and all regulatory agencies.
· Collaborates with site leadership and interdepartmental leadership to set access performance expectations and monitors overall performance by site to include collaboration with external referral sources in community partners.
· Ensures all psychosocial services are integrated within the primary care team.
· Develops balance score card, performance metrics and quality initiatives/outcomes.
Clinical Duties: 40%
· Provides assessments with diagnostic evaluations
· Provides therapy to individuals, couples, family or groups
· Provides therapy to those with behavioral health diagnosis
· Oversees the coordination and implementation of behavioral health treatment.
· Provides emergency evaluations of clients in crisis and facilitates referral to more intensive levels of addictions treatment or psychiatric hospitalization if needed
· Documents all services as directed by CBHC policy, State requirements and professional standards.
· Keeps accurate statistics on services provided and submits in a timely manner.
· Treatment plans and ITPs are consistently completed on time
· Refers clients for the most appropriate mental health treatment and other needed services within CBHC or to outside resources
· Provides consultation to medical providers, other CBHC staff, and other service providers to facilitate a coordinated continuum of care
· Adapts access strategies to changes in volume demands and behavioral health and care coordination growth.
· Demonstrates efforts to eliminate financial waste.
· Monitors productivity and effectiveness of staffing schedules
· Other duties as assigned.