Venable LLP is seeking a Sr. Project Manager, Practice Technologies for our Century City office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to provide technical and strategic support to our California legal teams. The Sr. Project Manager will work closely with the legal teams to manage projects through the litigation lifecycle, including developing project plans and budgets; consulting with legal teams to develop protocols and best practices; managing vendor and client relations; acquiring and implementing software; and providing general case-management support.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Managing litigation support projects. Working with legal teams to define the requirements, organization, and management of data for litigation and related investigations. Providing on-going advice on best and most efficient practices to process, review and manage data.
- Developing project design specification in coordination in consultation with legal team. Acting as primary contact for the legal team and vendors during the lifecycle of projects and assisting the legal teams through all stages of litigation lifecycle for the projects.
- Developing, monitoring/maintaining and providing comprehensive reporting to legal team, including project metrics.
- Coordinating the collection of discovery related documents from clients, including vendor, client and attorney resources for collection of data.
- Reviewing and loading data into litigation databases and troubleshooting errors/technical issues. Troubleshooting litigation support applications.
- Serving as a technical liaison with vendors or the firm’s Information Technology (IT) Department to resolve issues. Working with IT Department personnel to resolve technical problems related to litigation support and remote access issues.
- Defining business and technical requirements and developing and/or coordinating the development of specialized databases or programs.
- Coordinating in-trial support, including locating vendors to assist during trial with wire/cable setups. Supporting trial and deposition teams in use of firm technology, and or client/vendor hardware necessary for trial.
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- Previous litigation support or similar legal experience required, including previous experience working independently with clients and litigation teams
- Minimum three years senior-level project management experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience analyzing, configuring and implementing software to meet user needs
- Minimum of three years’ experience with MS-Office applications in a Windows environment
- In-depth experience (use and troubleshooting) with litigation support software (Relativity, Concordance, Text Map, LAW, IPRO, and other similar litigation support software), eDiscovery applications, network environments, word processing, relational database and spreadsheet applications to coordinate technical resources for practice group support projects, including equipment, staffing and software/applications
- Requires ability to define requirements for litigation support and prepare ESI protocols and make recommendations for use; requires ability to develop related implementation plans, including developing specifications and time requirements for changes and/or developments in firm software and hardware applications
- Understanding of various data storage methodologies, including effective methods for extracting information from source data using evidentially defensible methods; strategies for converting extracted data to reviewable form; various review methodologies and systems, including vendor-hosted solutions; and methods of effective electronic production
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously while meeting deadlines and business objectives
- Technical skills to develop project design specifications for litigation support, including identifying appropriate vendors and monitoring vendor work through lifecycle of projects
- Strong communication and customer service acumen
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Negotiation skills for working with vendors to develop purchasing bids and agreements
- Ability to prepare and monitor project budgets and develop purchasing bids/agreements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or education/experience equivalent
If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team of individuals that are naturally ambitious and driven, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today! https://venable.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mnax