The ISRM operates as a region's primary sales support and IS BU liaison and is responsible for direct sales that achieve revenue projections for Rockwell Automation's Information Software solutions, enabling the company's comprehensive connected enterprise vision. This includes but is not limited to scalable analytics, scalable execution, compute and more within a region in North America.
The incumbent is also responsible for the development and execution of the software sales strategy and all sales activities associated with sales opportunities using Rockwell Automation's disciplined sales process. Daily activities include collaboration with the Global Sales & Marketing sales teams, and appropriate Business Unit resources to develop and execute on software sales plans. Diverse opportunities can be expected, including engagement in long sales pursuits ranging from US$100K to US$10MM in total value.
A focus for this position is to support Information Software sales through end user sales teams to scale the business, and support appropriate GSM resources in enabling the Rockwell channel sales teams to sell defined products/functionality in the future.
- Achieve Rockwell Automation Information Software sales targets, and meet business revenue plans for software, services and maintenance using a discipline sales process
- Responsible for closing deals while leveraging/managing the broader Rockwell Automation sales teams
- Develop and manage an accurate sales forecast and pipeline of Information Software and other related solutions
- Identify with sales management a target list of accounts within a respective region and establish and implement effective sales strategies
- Identify resources and coordinate within the company's internal matrix organization, including Information Software resources, and other relevant Global Sales & Marketing resources involved in executing identified sales opportunities and targeting accounts that support commercial plans, product/solution launches and sales gaps. This ability to navigate and manage a company's matrix organization would apply to any external customers as well
- Prepare and develop customer proposals and requests for information
- Assist in the development of project scope and ROI analysis. Utilize value selling techniques to quantify project ROI and structure commercial deals accordingly
- Leverage Global Sales & Marketing selling resources for target opportunity identification and access. Serve as the primary liaison between customers, regional sales team members and Rockwell Automation Information Software to ensure efficient and effective communications and information flow from sales and pipeline development activities. Effectively translate technical terms into everyday language and properly manage expectations, both internally and externally
- Establish oneself as the local expert and become the recognized go-to person for Information Software opportunities within the assigned geographical region
- Educate internal Global Sales & Marketing resources on Information Software priorities to allow their business help our business. Share best practices with product and marketing organizations to achieve Information Software revenue targets for Vertical or Geography. Provide feedback into the BU on what needs to go on in the field.
- Provide formal regular status reports to sales management which include forecast, pipeline and activity summary information. Monitor & report revenue and pipeline results weekly via CRM tool for assigned Verticals or Geographies to ensure performance goals are met
- Develop strong business & financial knowledge of IS offering and its impact on potential business. Demonstrate understanding of MES and other emerging technology trends and their impact on business decisions in assigned Vertical or Geography and clearly communicate this knowledge to extended sales teams
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in engineering, supply chain, computer science, manufacturing information technology or related discipline preferred; if no degree 10+ years of related experience will be considered.
- 5+ years pre-sales, direct sales or consulting experience
- Experience with customer centric selling, social selling or equivalent solutions sales processes for selling Software.
- Experience with supply chain concepts, logistics, manufacturing flow and interaction with IT and Manufacturing systems.
- Proven technical presentation and interaction skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, nor or in the future, for this job posting.
- Application Experience
- Factorytalk view
- Factorytalk historian
- Factorytalk vantagepoint
- Factorytalk energymetrix
- Factorytalk historian machine
- Factorytalk productioncentre
- Factorytalk software
- Factorytalk metrics
- Factorytalk pharma suite
- Factorytalk view se
Desired Industry Experience
- Life Science / Pharmaceutical / Medic al Device / Regulated Industries
- Automotive / Aerospace / Discrete Manufacturing
- Consumer Product Goods / Food and Beverage / Packaged Goods
Architecture and Software
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Cincinnati - Ohio, Cleveland - Ohio, Detroit - Michigan
Automotive, Food & Beverage, Household & Personal Care, Life Sciences, Mining, Minerals & Cement, Oil & Gas, Pulp & Paper, Semiconductor & Electronics, Tire & Rubber, Water Wastewater
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.