Full-Stack Web Developer - (170000F2)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Social Work has an opening for a Full-Stack Web Developer in the Office of the Dean. The Web Developer will be charged with the development, implementation, and maintenance of content, visuals, and specific code-specific developed modules on the School of Social Work website. The scope of work includes content management, site and template development, coded solutions and improvements to modules.
The School of Social Work is one of seven schools at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), an urban health, law, and human services campus located in downtown Baltimore. The School has an enrollment of approximately 1,000 MSW & PhD students, a faculty and staff of over 200 individuals, and a community presence in Baltimore.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Design and develop solid front-end and back-end solutions that integrate with other systems, technology and back-end functionality
- Primary point of contact and participate in all aspects of web site development including analysis, planning, testing, development and maintenance.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ascertain a web site's purpose, functionality, requirements and long-term strategy.
- Identify and apply the latest technology, best-practices, strategies and tactics to help position the school as a digital leader in social work education and research.
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field such as computer science. (Master's degree and additional certification can be used to substitute for relevant experience). Computer Science or Information Systems curriculum preferred.
Other: Equivalent of four (4) years combination of formal information systems & web education/training and/or web experience and knowledge of at least one (1) structured programming languages and relational database management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An advanced working knowledge of and capabilities in using Adobe Creative Suite software products.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of cross-browser, cross-device and cross-platform compatibility.
- Advanced understanding of web standards and best practices including SEO and accessibility.
- Qualified candidate must be able to hand code using HTML and CSS.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills.
- Experience with responsive/adaptive design.
- Strong command of web authoring tools.
- Detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Knowledge of Terminal 4, our School's Content Management System, is a plus
- Strong knowledge of other web platforms such as Drupal or WordPress for Business is a plus.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E0738E
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Social Work - Office of the Dean
: May 16, 2017
: Jun 6, 2017, 11:59:00 PM