| The Department of Environmental Health is seeking a professional who can provide high-level administrative and logistical support to the Department Chair, Director of Administration and the department at large for active and complex Department of Environmental Health. |
The Department has approximately 500 affiliated members including faculty, researchers, students and staff.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Support faculty teaching and research activities, manage a complex calendar, research and assemble briefing information for meetings, prepare meeting summaries and related materials; facilitate teleconferencing as needed.
- Draft, edit, and process a wide variety of written material including course materials, letters/correspondence, manuscripts, CVs, bibliographies and communications for Chair
- Triage requests and inquiries and respond to routine inquiries on faculty's behalf.
- Develop and maintain methods for organization of information including files, databases and other systems.
- Create systematic process for tracking correspondence and status of requests and responses.
- Responsible for coordinating domestic and international travel including conducting necessary research, providing documentation, and creating detailed itineraries.
- Manage local financial transactions including Chair's reimbursements, corporate cards expenditures, purchasing, etc.
- Assist in special projects and event planning, namely special seminars and colloquia series.
- Partner with other core staff to coordinate administrative activities and promote efficient operations.
- Work with Chair and Director of Administration to develop and execute a coordinated strategy for the Department's online presence and communications
- Produce marketing materials including fliers and social media posts for events, invitations, posters, and other materials as needed.
- Create and maintain social media content calendar with the goal of expanding the Department's social media presence.
- Create the monthly, digital newsletter highlighting Department efforts and upcoming events.
- Create content for and maintain the Department's website.
- Oversee analysis of web metrics to measure, evaluate, and enable decision-making and actions to improve the Department's effectiveness in achieving its strategic goals.
Please Note: This position has a term appointment of June 30, 2018, with possibility of extension.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers