Engineering for Professionals (EP) is the part-time, graduate division of the Whiting School of Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. We offer master's degrees, post-baccalaureate certificates and post-master's certificates to working professionals across 20 different engineering and applied science disciplines. Classes are offered at multiple locations in the greater Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area and online.
Admissions Coordinator Position
JHU Engineering for Professionals is seeking an Admissions Coordinator to assist the Admissions team. The position will be responsible for the application review process for five programs (Applied and Computational Math; Computer Science; Cybersecurity; Data Science; Information Systems Engineering).
Position Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Receive applicant files and review the content.
- Calculate last half GPA.
- If the application meets the criteria for admission, prepare admissions letter. If not, scan the file and upload to SIS for program manager to review, or prepare a rejection letter if the applicant has a GPA below 2.80.
- Review students submitted prerequisite plan and approve coursework, if identifiable, otherwise refer to an advisor.
- Update forms for all programs as changes are made in the program.
- Update and record student information in the student database SIS.
- Update admissions decisions (send updated letter and update admissions information in ISIS -decision, folder location, upload PDF of the decision documents, assign an advisor, update major and GPA, and update type of decision letter sent)
- Update status changes (provisional to conditional, conditional to full accept, LOA, inactive, etc.)
- Make program changes to student records as requested when approved to transfer programs.
- Review appeals and provide applicants with information required for an appeal (personal statement, letters of recommendation, and/or resume)
- Answer calls regarding application status.
- Periodically review information in SIS to make sure information is current and accurate (status, advisor, etc.).
- Advise applicants and students regarding program specific requirements including admission requirements, degree requirements, GPA, provisional/conditional status, appeals, LOA, extension requests, course offerings, advisor contact information, instructor contact information, etc.
- Confer with program chairs and advisors regarding student inquiries, issues or concerns.
- Alert Chairs, Vice Chairs, and supervisor of any unusual inquiries or issues.
- Assist with graduation preparations and participate in the EP graduation ceremony.
- Staff periodic open houses in effort to promote our programs.
- Answer the main telephone line as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.