Position: Temporary Part-time Program Assistant
Hours: This is a Part-time position (16 hours per week/ 10:00am-2:00pm / M-F)
Pay: approximately $20.00 per hour
Approximate start date: 7/5/17
Approximate end date: 8/1/17
Northwestern University is seeking a temporary Part-time Program Assistant for the Chicago campus.
Temporary Job Description:
The temporary Program Assistant position provides provision of administrative support to approximately 750 members of the Osher Lifelong Learning Program on the Chicago campus. Additionally, the temporary Program Assistant is required to/responsible for:
- Serve as the primary internal and external point of contact for the OLLI Program on the Chicago campus.
- Manage the daily administration/operation of the Chicago OLLI Program.
- Maintain membership and prospect databases, class registrations, fees, mailing lists, and communication with membership
- Coordinate meetings and special events; coordinate volunteer support.
- Collaborate with Northwestern and the School of Professional Studies staff to coordinate program logistics, technical support, and financial support.
- Administer distribution of Wildcards to all OLLI members; Acquire and distribute parking permits as needed.
- Process and track member reimbursement.
- Other duties as assigned.
•High School Diploma
•Minimum of 1 year experience as a customer service rep or program assistant.
• Successfully uses multiple software programs independently. Software may include Microsoft Office, applications such as PowerPoint Word, Excel, and Access, email, web browsers, and Peoplesoft.
•Communicates effectively one-to-one, in small groups and in public speaking contexts; writes precise, well-organized emails, letters and proposals while using appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
•Regularly monitors customer satisfaction; provides suggestions to improve quality and value to the customer.
•Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and pays attention to detail; targets projects or initiatives that require special attention and focuses on key tasks when faced with limited time and or resources
•Experience in academic setting, working with students.
•Experience working with a database.
•Experience in communications and Social Media
•Possesses basic data skills.
MS Office suite 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal development.
Date Posted: 5/16/2017
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.