| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
As the need for laboratory medicine services grows across MSK, a Rapid Results Laboratory (MHRRL) will be a critical part of our Laboratory Medicine offerings. By late summer, the MHRRL will open for lab services that are needed across the hospital
For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
We are currently seeking experienced Clinical Laboratory Technologists to join the MHRRL in New York City.
- Perform and maintain competency in the technical work of both Chemistry and Hematology laboratories, rotating work assignments in both areas
- Manage the physical environment of the laboratory in accordance with New York State DOH, OSHA, and CLIA regulations
- Ensure compliance with our practices and procedures, and regulatory agency requirements
- Implement and monitor the quality assurance plan
- Oversee daily operations and promotes a safe environment
- Staff are needed for all shifts and work my include weekends and holidays
- Passionate about working with lab technology
- Meticulous in your attention to detail
- Committed to furthering our fight to cure cancer
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Bachelor's degree (Medical Technology, Science, or Biology, including laboratory internship)
- A minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- NY State Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required
- ASCP MLS/MT certification preferred
- Strong computer skills
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.