Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Part-Time
This position's primary responsibility is to provide office support to the Department of English. The majority of work includes duties such as complex clerical assignments, establishing and maintaining records, and responding to inquiries for the office on policies and procedures. This position will have contact with other departments, students, and the public.
- Resolves problems and responds to inquiries regarding rules, regulations, policies, department procedures, and department services; answers telephone; receives and refers visitors;
- Reviews documents, records, or applications for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with rules; determines and explains action necessary to achieve compliance or approval;
- Composes office correspondence such as requests for documentation and responses to requests for information; devises, evaluates and revises forms for internal use;
- Establishes and maintains complex electronic or manual file systems or data base files;
- Prepares or assists in the preparation, compilation, and coordination of reports and records such as financial, travel, payroll, labor distribution, equipment usage, purchasing, inventory, personnel, scheduling/calendaring, registration, events, and testing;
- Compiles and produces material such as financial statements, manuscripts, schedules, test materials, engineering/construction reports, and technical and statistical reports requiring specialized knowledge and judgment in selection and treatment of data and format; prepares, tables, charts and graphs as required;
- Performs complex word processing tasks such as merging and sorting, integrating text with graphics, spreadsheet, and data base files, uploading/downloading, and creating footnotes and outlines; uses spreadsheet and data base software to develop and maintain records; uses basic statistical software packages; performs simple computer inquiry programming; uses graphics software and recommends appropriate display of information;
- Major/minor database administration and student academic plan updates. Utilize data from this database and the student information system to generate enrollment statistics and reports. Maintain major/minor email database. Compile statistical figures from senior colloquium exit surveys. Assist in the creation and distribution of senior portfolios. Generate welcome and graduation letters to majors.
- Orders, receives and maintains inventory;
- Maintains office website and assist with social media;
- Reviews and verifies fiscal reports for accuracy; investigates and corrects errors to ensure compliance with established procedures and policies; uses basic arithmetic to perform computations;
-Investigate and correct errors to ensure compliance with established procedures and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Increasingly responsible clerical/office experience OR an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use Word, Excel, e-mail and/or similar software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively organize multiple work assignments, involve competing priorities to produce work products that are accurate, of a high quality and meet deadlines.
- General fiscal experience, training and/or education that demonstrates the ability to monitor and reconcile budgets, budgeting, travel, compile and interpret fiscal data and provide related reports
- Customer service experience
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $1360.80/month with periodic increases up to $1755/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday-Thursday 9:00am-2:00pm & Friday 9:00am-1:00pm / 24 hours/week / 10 Month position / PSE Bargaining Unit 4
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: June 12, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Vickie Winegar
Title: Secretary Supervisor
Phone: (509) 963-1550
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
This position is part of a Public School Employees of Washington (PSE) bargaining unit. New employees are required to meet the membership requirements of the current collective bargaining agreement within 30 calendar days of employment.
The seniority date for the selected applicant shall be set in accordance with Article 43.2 of the Public School Employees (PSE) collective bargaining agreement.