The Executive Assistant provides administrative support for the Associate Dean for the Program in Biology (Associate Dean) and Communications and Director of Administrative Operations and Special Projects, Office of the Dean (Director of Admin Ops). This position is the first point of contact for Biology Affairs. The position serves as a central liaison for the Biology Chairs, Office of the Provost, Office of the VP for Research, faculty and other constituents. The Executive Assistant regularly deals with complex scheduling and planning of important meetings, manages various administrative functions such as meeting minutes, project tracking, event coordination, communication distribution and purchasing card reconciliation. The Executive Assistant will also provide support with grant submissions and reporting. This position requires a high level of discretion in handling confidential information with sensitivity to the needs of faculty and administration.
- Required: Bachelorâ??s Degree with 2-4 years of administrative experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience in an academic setting
- Project management/event planning experience highly desired
- Knowledge of grants and Federal research compliance requirements preferred
- Strong organization, administrative and time management skills.
- Initiative and judgement to independently problem solve and prioritize.
- The ability to independently develop and implement short and long term goals.
- Computer expertise and continued interest in maintaining skills and overall proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Filemaker Pro, and Google suite applications including, but not limited to, email, calendaring, internet research, document and Google site creation.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a larger team.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Competent oral and written communication skills and excellent command of the English language and grammar.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-03-07:00
Job Posting Title:Executive Assistant
Department:Program in Biology
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.