NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for providing moderate to advanced range of Program coordination working with a dynamic clinical, research, administration and program team. Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and complete major programs. Facilitates the administration process of Institute activities (e.g., facilitates the administrative process of recruiting and on-boarding process, maintaining records, compiling and monitoring the master schedule for meetings; grant application preparation and submission; timeline and communications management); monitoring and developing budget; organizing and coordinating seminars, training programs and other related activities both in New York and with partners in Italy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties
- Works in close collaboration with the Fresco Project Manager, Division Administrator, Sponsors and key program personnel. This position will report to the Fresco Institute Project Manager.
- Program coordination Provides moderate to advanced coordination for Fresco Program activities that includes but not limited to: coordination of Program while working/communicating with internal and external parties to organize and coordinate the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude Program activities. Develops and tracks Program schedules; prepares, processes, and tracks Program related purchase/supplies requisitions, reimbursements, expense reports, and related invoice payments. Invoice matching and exception reconciliation. Maintains close contact for coordination with all internal and external partners both here and it Italy. Prepares, tracks, monitors coordination of internal and external partners research activities. Provide development and coordination for Institutes marketing and communications initiatives, including print, online and media.
- Reports Independently prepares and review documents, and generates status/progress reports for ongoing and pending Programs which may include moderate analysis of findings. Outlines agenda, plans and prepares presentations, and composes a variety of memos and letters. Reviews, edits, obtain appropriate approvals. Responds to routine correspondences and refers non routine items to the appropriate party. Follows protocols as defined by the grant and Medical Centers policies and procedures.
- Grants Participate in grants related activities such as developing grants applications/proposals, assists with production of program and financial reports, as well as financial updates for internal review and analysis. Assists in developing multi-year projections and long-range financial plans for grants and other research accounts. Reconcile grant, operating, discretionary, and program accounts. Monitor all program budgets and troubleshoots problems identified from reports. Assist in the research and development of new Center grant and funding resources.
- Program Support - Assists in the recruitment, hiring and training of clerical staff, assistants, students, trainee and volunteers for the program. Reviews workflow and might recommend improvement if applicable to ensure appropriate cycle times and efficiency.
- Scheduling & Coordinating Organizes and coordinates schedules, activities, educational and special events. Coordinates conference preparation activities (checking and coordinating the logistics and technical support, making food and beverage arrangements, etc) and other related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have a masters degree in public health, business administration, health care administration or related field.
At least 3 to 5 years of program coordination experience, preferably in a research and academic medical setting
An understanding of the management of Parkinsons disease and other movement disorders
Demonstrated strong leadership skills and ability to bring people together for common purpose
Experience in the development and implementation of plans for program development and expansion
Ability to balance competing demands and to set priorities. Ability to multi task while paying attention to details
Has familiarity of institutional onboarding process for international staff and students
Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Familiar with Internet applications as well as Program manager project management software.
Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external partners.
Program management and Microsoft Project experience preferred.
Fluency in Italian is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.