NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Director.
The NYU Langone Comprehensive Program on Obesity aims to better understand, treat and manage obesity at the population and clinical levels, and strives to prevent and cure the disease within one generation.
Obesity is complex and multi-faceted, with genetic, environmental, social, and medical causes. This complexity may be why we currently have limited evidence-based approaches for the prevention, treatment and management of obesity. To better address obesity, we must develop a more complete understanding of how health behaviors are shaped through integrating cutting edge observations and discoveries from population health, clinical and basic science. We work across four domains: multidisciplinary research, data science, clinical care, and education. Our cross-cutting research program engages researchers across the NYU Langone Medical Centers (NYULMC). Drawing on our strengths, we will create a DataBridge capable of integrating large amounts of complex data to determine unique causal pathways and strategies for treating and preventing obesity. Key insights will be translated into real, evidence-based obesity prevention, treatment, and management solutions.
The Program Director will provide administrative leadership and direction in collaboration with the Comprehensive Program on Obesitys Director and co-Director. This individual is solely responsible for overall management and operations, working independently to ensure the timely development and execution of activities across the Initiative. Because of the Programs strong reliance on obesity, its related components, and big data, an individual with knowledge in one or more of these areas is strongly preferred.
The Program Director will oversee all management and operations creatively and with strong vision, ensure all areas of the Program align with programs mission and are making strides, meeting goals, and producing deliverables, and weave together the various arms of the Program to advance toward larger goals.
- Develop and maintain Program budgets and sub-budgets, including revisions, projections, and planning. Construct long-term financial plans and keep Directors well aware of future picture.
- Monitor the funding landscape, identify funding opportunities, and develop and write proposals and grants. Edit grant proposals, work with faculty and contributors to refine and develop pieces.
- Create long- and short-term project plans and ensure they are implemented.
- Plan and lead advisory board meetings, prepare materials and reports for senior institutional officials, and write progress summaries.
- Promote the Obesity Program within NYU School of Medicine and work to foster expansion and collaboration.
- Foster alliances and partnerships with appropriate external agencies.
- Hire and oversee staff.
- Thoughtfully monitor programs, processes, and outcomes, instituting changes when needed.
- Anticipate and ensure activities are supported by appropriate resources (personnel, fiscal, space, and equipment).
- Establish and maintain communication systems across teams, shape communications and messaging.
- Advance strategic initiatives and management of the day-to-day operations.
- To qualify you must have a Masters degree with 7-10 years of management experience.
- Strong manager with demonstrated skills in change leadership, financial expertise, strategic planning, and grant writing.
- PhD in obesity-related field, data science, computer science, or related discipline with a strong history of management.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.