NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Patient Services Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate Greet patients as they arrive off the elevator, assist patients with their paperwork, and attend to patients needs. Acts as a liaison between the patient and the Radiology Department
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Monitors waiting area and dressing rooms for tidiness and tidies as appropriate.
- Stock waiting area with reading materials.
- Assist patient who are in wheelchairs, when needed escort patient to their doctors appointment.
- When needed escort patients to dressing room instruct on clothing changing procedures. Inform lead tech patient dressing room location.
- Assist technologist when needed and with the approval of the administrative manager in changing patients for imaging studies.
- Direct patients to their next Medical Center appointment.
- Inform patients on wait time.
- Assist patients to fill out paperwork, when necessary.
- Greet and direct patients to appropriate registration line and seating areas.
To qualify you must have a High School Graduate or the equivalent or 3-5 years of equivalent experience in dealing with the public. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Knowledge of services provided in the Medical Center
College Graduate preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.