The Facilities Management unit of the Division of Facilities and Services is accepting applications for a Zone 2 Maintenance Trades Specialist Lead II position. This position will provide a variety of support services in order to maintain the interior appearance of institutional buildings and the surrounding exterior appearance of the grounds. This work involves adhering to established standard procedures, techniques and safety requirements, with some judgment required to interpret instructions.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Plan, coordinate and schedule the work of assigned employees, monitoring work activities and ensuring proper quality, quantity and safety standards are met.
- Train employees on the use of tools, equipment, computer applications and various procedures.
- Mentor apprentice employees and ensure documentation for the program is being maintained.
- Work closely with the supervisor to establish staffing needs, assist with performance issues, and recognize outstanding work performance, providing updates on work progress and conditions that may interrupt schedules as necessary.
- Utilize a computer to prepare and work with Word documents, spread sheets, prints, email, internet access (search for materials and information), building support systems, work management and time management programs, etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance, and perform tasks in the areas of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, mechanical maintenance, and drywall repair and painting.
- Operate as a first responder to strange odors, leaks, tripped breakers, plugged drains/commodes, etc.
- Operate state vehicles to travel to University buildings.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday; 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.; must be available to respond when called during off hours to cover emergency situations.
Pay Grade: 15
- Completion of vocational/technical training of up to 18 months beyond high school or an equivalent of education and experience
- About two (2) years of experience in four or more of the following skilled trades:
- Mechanical maintenance
- At least two (2) years of leadership and supervisory experience or training is required
- Background check
- Valid driver's license
- Physical requirements include the ability to:
- Stand, lift, bend and walk daily
- Climb and crawl daily
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: May 16, 2017
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes