| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site athttp://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEIT AssociateFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (GSPHHP) is one of four independent professional schools among the 25 colleges of the City University of New York, the largest metropolitan university in the U.S. Situated in a new vertical campus in the heart of Harlem in New York City, the GSPHHP provides cutting edge graduate level public health degree programs and is dedicated to research, teaching and community service that promotes population health and social justice through leadership and innovation. Faculty and students are actively engaged in addressing critical public health problems in New York and other cities around the world.Information Technology (IT) is responsible for providing, promoting, facilitating and supporting the effective use of technology in education, research, and community engagement. Reporting to the Computer Systems Manager, the IT Associate – Level 2 is responsible for IT systems administration for the School focusing primarily on maintaining the overall integrity of the SPH intranet and data center. The IT Associate – Level 2 will also serve as the second tier for IT Support for SPH faculty, staff, and student.Duties include but are not limited to:|
* Performs routine maintenance of the server hardware;
* Deploys/maintains virtual servers as required;
* Monitors virtual server performance and adjusts the environments as and when required;
* Ensures adherence to backup and disaster recovery plans and suggests improvements where applicable;
* Deploys server software/technology on existing and new virtual/physical environments;
* Provides in-person/on-the-phone technical support to faculty, staff and students when issues are escalated to the second tier; and
* Performs other duties as assigned.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent2. An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSA preferred candidate should have:
* Hands-on experience managing Windows Server environments (Active Directory and IIS).
* Extensive knowledge of Virtual Computing architectures including VMware.
* Experience managing Cisco UCS appliances.
* Experience managing NetApp storage appliances.
* Extensive knowledge of Networking concepts (NATS, subnets, firewalls, VPNs, etc...).
* Experience managing Cisco routers and switches.
* Experience managing Windows Server based applications - SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Office Web Apps Server.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.COMPENSATION$73,609BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYVisit http://www2.cuny.edu/employment/, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID (16741) or Title (IT Associate, Level 2). Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references (name, title, and organization).Please upload all documents in Word or PDF format.CLOSING DATEOpen until filled with review of applications to begin on May 30, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/TechnicalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* CUNY School of Public Health*Job Title:
* IT Associate, Level 2 (Provisional) / Systems Administrator*Job ID:
* 16741*Full/Part Time: