| About Barclays |
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
- Collation and production and reporting of management information relating to Barclays total Basel III RWAs (Risk Weighted Assets) to enable senior management and business line heads to monitor business levels and fluctuations on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- The provision of commentaries and various value added data to facilitate the timely production of the daily, weekly and monthly reporting packs.
- Assisting others, as necessary, in the production of the final PRA returns, CoREP and Pillar 3 reporting.
- Liaising with other areas of the business globally including Treasury, Product Control, IT, Statutory Reporting, Operations and the Barclays Group Regulatory and Treasury teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of reporting.
- To consistently meet reporting deadlines and to deliver against overall targets.
- Working within a team where there will be a requirement to cross train with others for the provision of cover.
- Ensure completeness of reporting by reconciling the balances used for reporting against the final balance sheet values.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of static data through reconciliations and review.
- Responding to ad hoc queries from the business or other internal stakeholders, ensuring a swift response and compliance with the internal policy around the distribution of sensitive data.
- Involvement in projects on systems/process updates and testing the implementation of these as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining controls around manual hand-in's and complex formulas and bring any limitations in current process and controls to the attention of senior management.
- Close liaison with Front Office, Treasury, Product Control, IT and the Barclays Group required
- Escalate and follow up with Senior Management and other relevant parties in times of control lapse or breaches of limits
- Acting as point of contact and coordinator for other CRIS teams, infrastructure areas and businesses. Carry visibility to wider team business area and represent CRIS team as needed.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- The Market Risk controller will be liaising with all relevant teams in order to resolve identified data quality or calculation related issues impacting Exposures/RWAs accuracy and controls integrity.
- Controller will have to apply his own judgment in order to suggest relevant adjustments for incorrect risk treatment.
- Act as subject matter expert for the team
- Embed a strong risk-management culture
- Manage audits - Internal and external, conformance reviews
Solution Delivery and Business Analysis
- Participate and lead strategic CRIS projects where needed.
- Support firm wide infrastructure improvements and mandatory regulatory projects like Sophis Decommissioning, Octon etc
- Keep up to date with Regulatory changes like FRTB
- Assist in refining the technology strategy aligning to business strategy, feedback stakeholders as needed
- Understanding of Basel III Market risk calculation rules and familiar with wider regulatory reporting framework.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel in relation to large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Qlikview with the ability to run and modify reports would be preferable
- Logical thinker comfortable with a changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Delivery oriented.
- Strong team focus
- Controls focus
- Financial Services industry experience
- Willing not only to embrace change but to actively look for improvements in current work practices.
- Knowledge of PRA regulatory capital requirements. Practical knowledge of Equities or Interest rate capital calculator ion will be a plus.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .