The Reconciliations Analyst will carry out a daily reconciliation function to identify, investigate and resolve any discrepancies across Client portfolios and Dublin Domiciled UCITS Funds. The reconciliation function includes the reconciling and checking of all Client cash balances and securities holdings and also cash and securities transactions. Client assets are held within segregated portfolios across multiple Custodians and assets held include; Equity, Fixed Income, Funds, Exchange Traded Derivatives, Private Equity, FX spot and FX forwards and cash. Client portfolios are to be reconciled to the Custodian for both cash and security transactions and balances and holdings.
The role will include some data entry responsibilities to ensure all journals and cash activity posted by Custodians is posted to the Company's internal accounting system. Types of data entry will include; dividends, coupon payments, interest Income, fees and subscriptions and redemptions.
The reconciliation resource will be responsible for sourcing client statements from custodians from a variety of sources and formats;
- Online access directly to the custodian
- Receipt of paper statements emailed or posted to the reconciliations team from the custodian
- Data files sent by Custodians
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Responsible for the data entry and reconciliation functions for an allocated list of Clients.
- Daily reconciliation of Client portfolios holding equities, fixed income, Exchange Traded Derivatives, private equity, cash, fx spot and fx forwards.
- Liaise as required with the relevant custodian to source client statements and investigate and resolve all discrepancies in order to carry out the reconciliation function.
- Raise any issues to the Head of Trade Support/Head of Operations.
- Entry of missing and incorrectly posted journals and cash items into internal systems.
- Manual data input of all cash activity (dividends, interest income, subscriptions/redemptions and fees) into internal accounting system.
- Reconcile individual client portfolios held within internal accounting system to the client account held at the custodian.
- Build and maintain good relationships with key internal company stakeholders across Operations, Front Office and external counterparties including custodians.
- Cover for other members of the team as required.
Personal Experience and Requirements
- A minimum of 6 months direct reconciliations experience gained from a similar environment; Investment Banking/Asset Management/Wealth Management environment.
- Prior experience of reconciling individual client portfolios.
- Prior experience of reconciling funds would be an advantage.
- Experience of reconciling Exchange Traded Derivatives would be an advantage.
- Data entry experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-disciplined and confident with the ability to work on own initiative and in a small team and take ownership of the tasks received.
- Previous experience of working with Advent APX or Advent Axys would be an advantage but not mandatory.
Only candidates with previous and recent reconciliations experience and knowledge should apply.
Candidates must be residing in and permissioned to work in the UK and live within comutable distance of central London.
Training will be given.