ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership
Exempt Position Description
Title: Manager, Research & Statistics
Division: ASAE Foundation Research
Supervisor: Senior Director, Research
Summary of Duties:
The Research Manager works as part of a team to support a wide range of research activities and project management functions. This position is responsible for 1) contributing to all phases of industry research and market research activities from designing appropriate research methodology and providing administrative and logistical support, through completion and dissemination of appropriate research reports, tools and associated products; 2) participating in the execution of research, including qualitative and quantitative methodologies, and statistical analyses; 3) creating written reports to describe and summarize data analysis procedures and results; and 4) collaborating on initiatives involving survey research and design, data visualization, and Web- based data collection. This incumbent also provides technical expertise in the preparation of written and oral presentations of research results to ASAE staff, members, and volunteers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Administer and monitor status of select industry research projects.
- Conduct basic statistical analyses of survey data and create excel reports and written summaries.
- Assist with market research projects as appropriate, to include annual meeting evaluations, major learning event evaluations, market research surveys, and market research briefs.
- Propose and/or conduct appropriate data analysis and reporting procedures.
- Succinctly collate qualitative data and effectively communicate via written reports the salient themes, messages, and trends that come to the surface.
- Assist in determining the appropriate design of research studies, particularly as it relates to sampling (e.g., probabilistic sampling), weighting, design effects, and analyses. ?
- Provide research expertise and technical assistance to ASAE staff, members, volunteers (e.g., boards, committees, sections and councils), and consulting researchers on topics such as data collection, statistical analyses, sampling, weighting, and reporting. ?
- Conduct cursory literature searches on select topics related to association management and research study concepts.