Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a funded research program and publish in peer reviewed journals.
- Collaborate with investigators in the Department of Physiology.
- Teach Physiology to undergraduate students, graduate students and medical students.
- Contribute to mentoring students.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong knowledge base in physiology, neuroscience, vascular physiology or a related field.
- Research competence in a related area and ability as an independent investigator.
- Competence in scientific communication that includes writing and lecturing.
- Doctoral degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment.
- At least (2) two years of postdoctoral experience.
- Significant publication record.
- History of extramural research funding.
- Research experience in studies on neural, vascular or cardiovascular mechanisms.
- Competence using advanced research techniques to study mammalian physiology.
- Excellent communication skills including written and oral presentations.
- Interest in teaching and willingness to provide research training of undergraduate students, graduate students, and medical students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
At The University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff, and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.