Provides technical leadership to ensure that organizational data security needs are met. Identifies existing and introduces new best practices within assigned area. Consults with business leaders to develop to create data security solutions. May lead investigations on data security breaches. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. This job is a Team Lead: Directs daily work activities of a small group of employees. Works with higher level manager to set goals/objectives and provides input regarding performance of employees being led. Employees do not typically have formal reporting relationship to a team lead job. This job works under General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Manage operational support, trouble shooting and maintenance of core Security related processes, controls or products. Manage the planning, analysis, configuration, testing, documentation and implementation of upgrades to core security processes, controls or products as directed. Designs, develops, and builds new data security processes. May manage project team(s) with responsibilities to support security processes, controls or products. May manage project team with responsibilities to configure, test, document and implement upgrades to core security processes, controls or products as directed. Participates/leads activities or team to resolve situations involving improper attempts to access or infiltrate our networks. Recommends large-scale changes to area procedures and products. Implements recommendations with management review. Consults with business leaders to explore and create tailored security solutions. Understands and has input to the budget process, and shares responsibility for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects. Evaluate/recommend purchases and/or licensed software products to identify and address security exposures. Participate/lead Security and enterprise projects as assigned. Act as a security representative at design and new technology meetings. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist the team in setting strategic direction to help with improvements in our Security posture for the Enterprise. Thought leadership around the security posture for email and internet filtering and multifactor authentication technologies including biometric factors.
- Provide expert analysis and support for future initiatives to address new challenges facing the Enterprise Security Controls.
- Manage security control implementation from RFP/vendor search through production implementation.
- Technical lead on a critical enterprise project to upgrade and expand our multi-factor authentication technology platform and the integrations across multiple applications.
- Work with management to create and keep current security control roadmaps for multifactor authentication and risk based authentication.
- Viewed as a Security Technical Expert by external parties and provides Enterprise level leadership.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Eight years of relevant experience with data security practices, processes, controls and data security event investigation/resolution preferred.
- Experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Broad knowledge of all IT related technologies with subject matter expertise in IT Security related technology and business exposures impacting organizational vitality preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Problem Solving: Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or conflict with available information. Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Is very good at identifying the problem versus the symptom. Deals increasingly with problems that require involvement of others to solve. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly. Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
Leadership: Manages functional objectives and priorities supporting multiple assigned business units. Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using generally accepted guidelines. Results are reviewed with next-level manager for clarification according to predefined objectives.
Planning and Project Management: Develops operational plans and provides resource estimation for task planning. Proposes plans of action that are timely, realistic, and positive. Sets appropriate goals for projects and monitors progress against the plan. May provide technical leadership to a project team.